How to start studying

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyAssasin

I use to be really into CB radios when I was living in Arizona. I recently moved to California and while packing/unpacking I can't believe how many cb/ham radios I've collected over the years. I have some really nice stuff. I want to be legal and operate my equiptment I have.

I would like to get back into it so where do I go study to be legal ?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I can make several suggestions:

You could find a club in your vicinity that offers license classes. That way when you get licensed you'll know some hams in your area.

Use QRZ.com and other sites that offer practice tests.

When I went for Extra I bought a Kindle interactive study guide. Very good resource. I'm sure they have them for Technician and General as well. Read the book and did multiple practice tests. Passed the first time.

Good luck!

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
Hamstudy.org

I can't speak highly enough about hamstudy.org. Heard about them on a podcast and found that the site offers an novel way of helping you study - by throwing questions you get wrong back at you, and in different order. It really worked for me. I just passed my General using it and am now getting ready to take the Amateur Extra test.

I am not affiliated in any manner with this site.

SkyAssasin

Thanks for your replies. I will look at them for study. However, I did click on some links here to find a testing site in my area, I even chose within 50 miles and nothing popped up. I"m in Butte County CA.

SkyAssasin

Whats your opinion of the HR 2510 and Ranger RCI 6300F ? these are my two favorite radios. I have alot of mobiles and don't have a true bench top. In Arizona I used my General Lee as my bench top with a 100 watt modulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.