SDS100/SDS200: How to tell if a dept uses DMR (or Provoice, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper28001

I've been playing with this new SDS100 for a couple days. I can get my county's EMS and FIRE and it shows Sheriff's office in the listing but I never hear anything on it.

I suspect maybe they use DMR or ProVoice, etc.

Is there a way to tell on Radio Reference databases if a particular dept uses these?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've been playing with this new SDS100 for a couple days. I can get my county's EMS and FIRE and it shows Sheriff's office in the listing but I never hear anything on it.

Is there a way to tell on Radio Reference databases if a particular dept uses these?
What city (or county) and state?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Stanly County, NC

What are you programming to try & hear the Sheriff's Office?
Looking at the your county's database page, I see a number of conventional frequencies.
Additionally, I see quite a few Stanly County talkgroups, for the Sheriff, EMS, and Fire, on the Charlotte UASI trunked system. There is also a section listed Mutual Aid talkgroups for the county on the same system.

However, I also see more than 15 talkgroups for Stanly County, including some for the S.O., on your state's VIPER trunked system.

Have you included both of those trunked systems in your programming? As well as the conventional channels on the county database page?

None of the agencies in your county would be using ProVoice. That format is only used on EDACS trunked systems, and there are none in your county.

For DMR, you can check on this web page to find companies and agencies that are licensed to use DMR or NXDN.
The database that page is searching has not been updated since August 5th, 2019. Also, even if you see an agency listed in the search results, that does not guarantee that DMR or NXDN is in use, only that they are licensed to use that format.

You can also click on the license for an agency, and see what Emission codes they are licensed for,
A list of Emission Codes & their usage is in the Wiki.

Take a look at license KIQ248, frequency 154.3100, listed as County Fire Dispatch.
The emission code licensed is not DMR or NXDN.

Now look at license WQNM612, Stanly Regional Medical Center.
Here's a partial screenshot from the license page:
The emission codes highlighted show that they are licensed to use DMR, along with an analog emission code. Again, that does not guarantee that DMR is used, only that they are licensed to do so,

You probably would get more specific details on what is in use if you have your thread moved to the North Carolina forum. Someone in or near your county might have more details on what is in use. To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum.

cmwang

You could try DSDplus first. It could show the signal type(DMR/NXDN/P25),and whether the signal is encrypted or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.