How to tell if a system has rebanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmariotti

I'm looking through the RadioReference database and programming my scanner using ARC software. For some 800Mhz systems I'm prompted to Reband. How can I tell from this database whether or not I need to set the system up as rebanded?

Thanks in advance.

DickH

I'm looking through the RadioReference database and programming my scanner using ARC software. For some 800Mhz systems I'm prompted to Reband. How can I tell from this database whether or not I need to set the system up as rebanded?

Thanks in advance.

If any of the freqs. you want to monitor have a zero in the 4th decimal place, it has been rebanded. (e.g. 851.2250)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Also, when monitoring some rebanded TYPEll Moto systems and all of a sudden you see the freqy and conversation just flashing or blinking the system is rebanded and scanner choosing the wrong #'d freqy.....

oracavon

If any of the freqs. you want to monitor have a zero in the 4th decimal place, it has been rebanded. (e.g. 851.2250)

That can't be right. Orange County, CA hasn't yet rebanded, but several of its frequencies have a zero in the fourth decimal place. That system has been in place for over 13 years now.

n5ims

That can't be right. Orange County, CA hasn't yet rebanded, but several of its frequencies have a zero in the fourth decimal place. That system has been in place for over 13 years now.

I think what he was getting at (but in no way made it clear) was that is only important in the 851, 852, & 853 MHz frequencies. Those are the ones that were "rebanded" from the original 866, 867, & 868 MHz frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.