how to tune frequency for d-star Fusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mfk

Hi All
to decode d-star and Fusion amateur radio
what do you use to tune the frequency
Thanks

slicerwizard

You have DSD+ Fast Lane, correct? If so, just tune the receiver (FMP24 or whatever you're using) to the transmissions and feed the output to DSD+.

n9mfk

yes it is fast lane for p25 I am using fmp24 what changes would i have to make to fmp24?

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
I use a batch file like the one below. I include Fusion frequencies in my ScanList and set the dongle to scan that plus DMR, FM, etc.. I run 4 dongles. One for HF, three others each with their own separate scanlists to make scanning three times faster.

REM sum values to minimize multiple windows
REM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM ***** Start DMR *****
REM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHDIR C:\_Files\SDR - Software Defined Radio\sdrsharp-x86\dsd+FASTLANE-DMR-Working-Conventional-Scanning
TIMEOUT 2
DELETE DSDPlus.bin
TIMEOUT 2
START FMP24 -i2 -o20009 -P0.0 -wsl0.0 -s1 -v150 -g26 -_2
TIMEOUT 2
START DSDPlus -e -fa -i20009 -m1 -_15
TIMEOUT 2

slicerwizard

yes it is fast lane for p25 I am using fmp24 what changes would i have to make to fmp24?
You don't have to make any changes. In the FMP24 spectrum window, just type the frequency in MHz (for example, 145.6) and then press Enter. That's all you need to do. To monitor a different frequency, just type it in and press Enter again.

Hi AB9NN
why do you do the delete of DSDPlus.bin
It destroys any saved settings, like window positions/sizes and text sizes, so don't do it.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Because it worked better after I deleted it. My window positions are coded in the batch file and you can also use Windows to save them. My windows stay nearly minimized at the bottom of my screen just above my task bar. I run my normal office apps partially minimized so that I can always glance down and see what freq the scanner has stopped on, etc.. I run one dongle for P25 trunked freq and that has many agencies that use the one control frequency. Standard advice is to not delete the bin file but someone suggested it when my system had issues. One advantage of deleting it is that it returns the system to a know stable state. May not be best solution for everyone. Works for my configuration. Text sizes have been ok also...

DRL-XM43

Because it worked better after I deleted it. My window positions are coded in the batch file and you can also use Windows to save them. My windows stay nearly minimized at the bottom of my screen just above my task bar. I run my normal office apps partially minimized so that I can always glance down and see what freq the scanner has stopped on, etc.. I run one dongle for P25 trunked freq and that has many agencies that use the one control frequency. Standard advice is to not delete the bin file but someone suggested it when my system had issues. One advantage of deleting it is that it returns the system to a know stable state. May not be best solution for everyone. Works for my configuration. Text sizes have been ok also...

For FMP24/DSD+ scans, I run them from their own folder.

The advantages are:

-They are easily transferable should I need to use other equipment.
-There are no conflicts even when I run several at the same time. I provide them with individual TCP addresses.
-I do not want to cludge, compromise or delete key configuration files to make it work.
-Each is easily customizable or/and easy to troubleshoot to fit need.

It provides me with a smooth running system where issues can be isolated if they arise.

That is just me though and my system management background.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Well this old IT Auditor runs each instance from it's own folder for similar reasons. I have a control panel set-up as shortcuts in a folder that I access with one click from the Taskbar in Windows 10. There it is one click to start all scans through one batch file. In that folder I have editable shortcuts to each of the scan list files in their own folders for that dongle. I also have a one-click kill shortcut that closes all the windows that are running including any notepad files that I might be editing. That last part can be quickly commented out. It's all one-click to start, stop, edit lists, edit batch files, etc.. There may be a more elegant way of doing it but it really is quick and convenient and I can instantly see where any issues arise. In the folder I also have shortcuts pointing to other softwares and respective manuals. Took me a bit to work through it all but it's neatly organized and understandable.

n9mfk

what do you use for you control panel set up?
Well this old IT Auditor runs each instance from it's own folder for similar reasons. I have a control panel set-up as shortcuts in a folder that I access with one click from the Taskbar in Windows 10. There it is one click to start all scans through one batch file. In that folder I have editable shortcuts to each of the scan list files in their own folders for that dongle. I also have a one-click kill shortcut that closes all the windows that are running including any notepad files that I might be editing. That last part can be quickly commented out. It's all one-click to start, stop, edit lists, edit batch files, etc.. There may be a more elegant way of doing it but it really is quick and convenient and I can instantly see where any issues arise. In the folder I also have shortcuts pointing to other softwares and respective manuals. Took me a bit to work through it all but it's neatly organized and understandable.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
See below. It is a simple folder populated with icons for shortcuts to my software, etc.. Note I have opted to change the icon image in many cases for ease of identification...

Screenshot (34).png

n9mfk

wil thiss wok for d-star
FMP24 -i2 -o20001 -P0.0 -b12.5 -f443.78125

DSDPlus -e -fd -i20001 -m1

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to create a batch file to decode a single conventional digital frequency using Fastlane FMPA.

This file works for FMP24:

start FMP24 -o20002 -v4 -_1 -b12.5 -g35.7 -wsl264.860 -f442.000
;
start DSDPlus -i20002 -wsl27.883 -wel502.1086 -wcl179.1197 -O NUL

However, when I substitute FMPA in place of FMP24 on the first line, it doesn't work. I get an error message about processing the FMP24.config file. Why is FMPA looking at the FMP24 config file? There is already an FMPA.config file in the same directory.

slicerwizard

The latest FMPA update is version 2.29 and when I try to run it without FMPA.cfg, it says
---------------------------
FMPA 2.29 -i1 -o1

ERROR
Error processing config file (FMPA.cfg)
Can't open configuration file

OK
so either you're not running FMPA or you're not running the latest FMPA, which seems to cause problems (TCP errors, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.