How to turn off 9 custom searches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

For some strange reason when I recently wrote some to stuff to the scanner (536) I now get 9 custom searches that scan as well. I thought I went into the software and shut them off but when I turned the scanner again they are still in the scanning mode. Any help on deleting or getting rid of them would be greatly appreciated!

JoeyC

Yep, turn off the Monitor Search with Scan checkmark in the Edit Profile and always remember to Erase the Favorites list when you reupload.

AC2OY

Thank you Joseph I will try that!!!

Wow thank you very much I discovered a ton of stuff it's getting there again thank you much!!!

Last edited:

AC2OY

Joey,

If you don't mind could I ask you a few more questions?

1. If I want to stone cold create a favorite list/system/ channel a ham radio list, how do you from scratch add conventional frequencies,PL tones,ect?
2. If I want to add P25 Phase 2 systems, can I just append from the database?
3. Can you go back in and re edit and assign quick keys and that sorta stuff?
I'm getting ok at programming things in but I think I lack structure or organization but I'm getting the scanner everyday more the way I want it and what I want to hear!!!

JoeyC

1. In Sentinel, open the Edit Favorites List icon and create a New one, name it then add a system, give that a name, make it conventional, drop down to the system in the tree and add a department name. After you have added the department you can then add the individual frequencies as channels. As far as names for the system and departments, that is up to you - that really doesn't matter.
2. yes
3. yes

Status
Not open for further replies.