How to turn off avoid on Uniden SDS 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTobias

My son permanently avoided some of the channels by pushing the button twice how do I clear that so I can get my channels back? Thanks so much in advance9

Reconrider

3 ways to do it.
1) go in the menu and manage favorites, find the system and clear avoids.
2) click the channel hold button(right -), and use the knob to find those systems, and press the avoid button to be able to listen to them again.
3) read the scanner on sentinel, and unavoid those sytems and reupload to scanner.

The program might be the best way, because you can also update the database at the same time

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There's also a review avoids function in the menu.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And if it was Avoids in the Full Database, you may have to reload the Full Database. (Probably needs updating any way).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
And if it was Avoids in the Full Database, you may have to reload the Full Database. (Probably needs updating any way).
No. Avoids in the database are preserved even if the database is updated.

But you can review avoids in the database from the scanner menu:
Manage Full Database \ Review Avoids

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Even if you were to do a Clear User Data?
There's zero reason to go nuclear just to clear an avoid.

And if the avoid was set in Sentinel, clearing user data won't reset it. You're just copying the database from Sentinel again.

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Just an observation on my part; This group does an admirable job of fielding questions from newbies. But it’s recognizable from where I sit the newbies are fearful they will compound a problem if they try to experiment with the radio. While true, one can further get into trouble, it’s also a part of the learning process with these multi-faceted radios... and a necessary part of learning how to navigate thru the menus plays a big part in that learning process. To that end I thought it wouldn’t hurt to re-emphasize that pushing buttons (the user available keypad keystrokes) will not “brick” your radio. At worst it will just sit there with the ominous message “Nothing to Scan” or some such other message... or no message at all when we inadvertently put the radio in “Site Hold”. But it’s not bricked. (For those not familiar with the term “bricked” it means you’ve turned your radio into a brick... where it’s only usage going forward is as a door stop or boat anchor unless you send it back to the manufacturer for a reset/repair.)

This last query on how to unavoid something is a worthy question and the group handled it admirably. I just thought, along with the corrective action should be a note of confidence to the user they shouldn’t be afraid they will harm the radio if they explored the menu a bit.

Not but not least, those replies that include where in the manual the corrective action can be found are appreciated as is those that took the time to actually spell out this action!

Thanks to all for listening...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Tends to make me wonder why anyone not traveling around would listen to the Full Database.
It's a good way to see what's available to scan in a new area. Listen to the database for a few days, see what you like and don't like, then build your favorite list(s) accordingly.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
It's a good way to see what's available to scan in a new area. Listen to the database for a few days, see what you like and don't like, then build your favorite list(s) accordingly.

A few days I could understand. However, you miss way to much traffic listening to the Full Data Base as opposed to Favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.