How to unlock after L/OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I did check the forums already, but couldn't find an answer.

I have a PSR-500, and whenever I hit L/OUT to lockout a talkgroup, it always comes back the next time I turn the scanner on. That's fine. No problem.

I also have a Pro-164 and a Pro-2055. Does L/OUT work the same way with these? Will the locked out talkgroups all be active again when I turn it off and turn it on? Or do I have to manually go into the lockout list and unlock them?

Thanks mucho.

-BART

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I did check the forums already, but couldn't find an answer.

I have a PSR-500, and whenever I hit L/OUT to lockout a talkgroup, it always comes back the next time I turn the scanner on. That's fine. No problem.

I also have a Pro-164 and a Pro-2055. Does L/OUT work the same way with these? Will the locked out talkgroups all be active again when I turn it off and turn it on? Or do I have to manually go into the lockout list and unlock them?

Thanks mucho.

-BART
I think pro-164 does it differently. You actually have to scroll to the desired channel/sub bank and press to L/OUT button to undo it. I really like the temporary L/O feature on my 106.

N2SCV

On the Pro-164 press Function then Lockout, it shows the freqs locked out but you have to keep doing it one at a time.

N8IAA

Thanks mucho.

-BART
That is because, when you press L/OUT, it is temporary. So, when you turn the radio off and on again, it is unlocked. You must press FUNC, then L/OUT for it to stay locked out.
HTH,
Larry

hpycmpr

Premium Subscriber
And there is also the option to flip that around so that the L/OUT is permanent and FUNC L/OUT is temporary. It's in the menu.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.