TRX-1: How to update new talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebplayer

Just got a TRX-1 and loving it! The last scanner I purchased was a Pro 92 and now all my locals had slowly went digital so I took the plunge.

I'm a bit confused how new talkgroups added to the website get updated in the ez-scan library that is loaded to the scanner. I ask this because I was doing a few manual comparisons of what is in ez-scan compared to the website, and noticed that a few new talkgroups were missing from ez-scan. I had just updated the library inside ez-scan to the latest version and assumed that any new talkgroups would be added.

Thanks.

troymail

Silent Key
Importing the latest library into EZ Scan only makes that data "available" for your use. During the import process, the software will ask for you want to update your programming as an option. However, this update process will not add new talkgroups to your programming because it doesn't know hat you have programmed.

I believe the update will update information about the sites/frequencies and existing talkgroup alpha tags for your programming but it won't add new talkgroups.

Here is an example:

if you imported only all of the FIRE talkgroups and 1 site of a given trunked system and that's your current programming, when the latest library contains new talkgroups that are not FIRE related, you don't want the software adding these talkgroups to your programming.

ebplayer

So does this mean that you have to go to the "Library Import" tab and go through the process of re-adding the same system that contains the new talkgroups?

ebplayer

I was playing around with this after saving my last good configuration and it seems there are a few bugs in ez-scan. With your existing configuration loaded, if you go to the Library Import tab and select an import by County (or City or Zip), it appears to load up only the changes between your last and the current library data. However, there are little quirks that seem to happen. For example, all of the talkgroups on one trunked system got deleted, and on 3 other trunked systems talkgroup lists, the Talk group ID for one of the entries was changed to a Wildcard. So basically it appears the concept of updating what you currently have loaded is there, but there are a few bugs that make me shy away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.