how to upload statewide p25 tg's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Using the RR database to upload to my scanner.
Country state county
Usa Colorado statewide
System
State wide DTRS
Sites 189
talk groups 69
Suppose I want to add DEA which has 2 ID’s not a problem but
Now it is asking me for a tysp (control channel or site) what control
Channel do I use? Do I use the control channel that the office is in which in this case would be Denver?
Or do I use the County control channel?
Don’t send me to the Wiki page because there is no info on this. I do not see anything for Colorado State p25.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
You would select control channel (s) for the area you wish to monitor from in your example maybe Castle Rock Tom but realize you will not routinely hear any traffic on these TG's which are outside your area unless they are visiting to do a drug bust or such.

Jim<

SCPD

QRT
tg

I was just useing an example! Littleton fire comes in as if the repeater was across the street. through search With this new scanner and my new discone antenna so far i have found out the radius of what I can pick up is about 100 miles. I heard the pd respond for a house broken into at broomfield yesterday. I also picked up the big brush fire that colorado springs had yesterday. remember I live somewhat on a hill about 6000 elavation. I look down into castle rock. I am almost dead eye to eye with the top of the rock at rock park. I would do better if I did not have this hill behind me where the flag pole is at the top of the hill.
Your DEA and FBI use Cov channels also. The info that I am looking for is for my boss who lives in Denver local. I don't scan pd unless the scanner is to quiet or the weather is bad. When you have time sit at your scanner and do searches I bet you can pick things up that you never knew you could. Hey email me with a phone number will you. have a question about the scanner meetings!! thanks tom

Status
Not open for further replies.