How to use quick keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cofresi59

SDS100 Enthusiast
I am a newbie here so please be gentle, I have assigned some of my favorites quick keys, how do I use the quick keys to scan or monitor the favorites I assigned the keys to. I don't know which key combination or button I have to press to get my favorites.

Cofresi59

SDS100 Enthusiast
Ooops, my bad, I have the SDS100, also where can go to find out the meaning of certain things on the display like on the very top the v:8 and s:3, etc...Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it. I love the scanner and want to fully take advantage of its features.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
The easier-to-read manual for the 536/436 is basically the same for the SDS models. If you are not familiar with your SDS scanner, then you have a lot of reading to do. Very complex menu and programming. Take your time with it and don't let it frustrate you. You will get it, eventually, and it will soon be very easy for you. These are very 'user-friendly' scanners and nothing seems to be easy at first, but patience and lots of coffee (is that an oxymoron? lol) will get you through it. Above all, have fun with it!

JD
kf4anc

Cofresi59

SDS100 Enthusiast
I follow the instructions to assign a quick key, then press it on the keyboard and see a message that says: Quick TGID Save? Yes="E"/ No="."
Sometimes I press a quick key and get Quick Key Navigation-F1:*-----------S-:------------D-:------------- which I have no clue of what it means. Also sometimes I get a bad TGID press any key message. Do press the keys while the scanner is scanning or not?

Last edited:

W6KRU

I follow the instructions to assign a quick key, then press it on the keyboard and see a message that says: Quick TGID Save? Yes="E"/ No="."
Sometimes I press a quick key and get Quick Key Navigation-F1:*-----------S-:------------D-:------------- which I have no clue of what it means. Also sometimes I get a bad TGID press any key message. Do press the keys while the scanner is scanning or not?
Yes, you press quick keys while you are scanning. You have to understand the information that @trunker linked to. Keep reading and experimenting until it clicks. Once you get it, it's a piece of cake.:)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
F1:*-----------S-:------------D-:------------- which I have no clue of what it means.

Translated: Favorites List Quick Key 10 is toggled off. There are no System Quick Keys Assigned, nor are there any Department Quick Keys.

The digit immediately beside the "F" is the tens place for Favorites List Quick Keys (1=10s, 1=20s, 3=30s). To the right of the : is the units or x1, x2, x3, starting with 0.

An asterisk means the FLQK is toggle OFF. A digit (such as 0) means the FLQK is toggle ON. A dash means the FLQK is unassigned.

All this is the same for System Quick Keys (as in systems contained in Favorites Lists) and Department Quick Keys (departments being groups of channels, within a System with the System being in a Favorites List.

All this is like tying shoes: pretty simple now that you've it a zillion times, but I bet it was tough to learn at first (was for me).

trunker

You will see see Quick TGID Save? Yes="E"/ No="." if you press "E" while a TGID is in the display (receiving it).

When the scanner is scanning, pressing number keys will allow you to turn FL/systems/departments on or off, and is when you will see Quick Key Navigation-F1:*-----------S-:------------D-:-------------. The only way you will see exactly F1:*-----------S-:------------D-:------------- in the display is if you previously have been staring at 'Scan Mode, Nothing to Scan' and press '10'. This means you have something assigned to FL 10 but it's turned off. And, you don't have any systems or departments assigned to quick keys. If you then press 'E' after '10' you will turn FL 10 on.

To better understand exactly which keys are enabled, press Menu, 'Set Scan Selection', 'Manage Quick Key Status' then view the status of FLQK's and SQK's there. Compare what you see in 'Set Scan Selection' with what you see in the display. Department QK status can be viewed (for 3 seconds) by pressing 'Func' in scan mode.

If you let us know what quick keys you do have assigned to we could probably help you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.