BCD436HP/BCD536HP: How to use the 436hp dmr and nxdn modes

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, I am new to the bcd436hp (but not scanning) and I just upgraded my scanner to use dmr and nxdn. I have been having success with both discovery mode on conventional and trunked P25 so far. But I have a simpkex repeater I suspect of being dmr and another I suspect is using nxdn (by looking at their FCC License). Does either or both of the dmr and nxdn modes operate using the conventional discovery, and or if not, can I manually enter the FB2 frequency and leave the mode to auto and will the tg, slot number etc be detected and displayed? Or do I need to do something else? I didn't see anything regarding this in the manual or searching the forums or YouTube. Thank you very much

Regards Richard

Ubbe

But I have a simpkex repeater I suspect of being dmr and another I suspect is using nxdn
Just enter those frequencies on the scanner, CHAN+frequency+Enter and it will be saved to a quick save favorite list and will automatically decode analog and also all digital formats that you have entered paid keys for in the scanner.

/Ubbe

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I think the definitive part of /Ubbe’s reply is “formats that you have entered PAID keys for the scanner”. NXDN and DMR “keys”are extras that are purchased as add-ons. Did the OP purchase these keys?