How to use Win96 with a Radio Shack Pro-2096?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaehler

I am having trouble with the Win96 software, and I'm very new to this technology. Any guidance that anyone can provide would really be helpful.

Here's what I'm doing:
• Select File > Web Import > RadioReference.com > Trunked Systems
• Click Start with my logon information
• Select Country, State, County
• Select System (Austin / Travis County Public Safety)
• Expand Talkgroups
• Select channels for one bank
• Click on ‘Import this System’
• Select Target bank from the drop down menu
• Enter a Bank Name
• Make additional modifications if needed in this window
• Click Done
• Now I click on the channels tab.

I see that the Alpha Tags and the channel ID’s have been imported and show up on the scanner, but no frequencies are there. This is where I am stuck.
The channels I am looking for are the Austin, Texas EMS, Fire and Police.

Thanks,
- Andrew

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Prior to Expand Talkgroups, you should have expanded the *Sites* as in this picture.

You can leave the rest as is and select your sites for import, and check the CC only box.

Last edited:

LarrySC

A better idea to start is to find someone in your area with 2096 and clone a working program. Posting on your state forum may locate someone. Backload into WIN96. Save. Study the PGM. Modify as needed. Download fresh pgm to scanner. NOW after you see whats should be in the PGM you could try to import from a database. I've never done this myself as I prefer to build programs as I need. I do hope you get it PGM'ed either way.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Andrew,

I noticed that you joined the site today, welcome (I think). The reason I mention that is you do not have a subscriber's account so the process you are describing cannot be done by you with this account name. So, if you have another account name (which is okay) that is fine; otherwise I don't understand how you got that far with the Win96 software.

akaehler

Thank you for all of your help, I will import a site... I just need to find out which one.

Larry, Thanks! I will post on my state forum and try to find someone with the same scanner.
Lou, this isn't my scanner, I'm attempting to do this on behalf of someone I work for.

Thanks again for all of the great advice guys,
- Andrew

scnnr

akaehler said:
Thank you for all of your help, I will import a site... I just need to find out which one.

Larry, Thanks! I will post on my state forum and try to find someone with the same scanner.
Lou, this isn't my scanner, I'm attempting to do this on behalf of someone I work for.

Thanks again for all of the great advice guys,
- Andrew

Just for the heck of it try taking a look at this file and see if it will work for you. Gives you a idea of how win 96 works.

Here is another that is a couple of years old that I found in a Yahoo group. May be outdated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.