How to view free scan log viewer after saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
I have been playing with the log viewer on freescan. I saved a log from yesterday of a foot chase where two burglary suspects were caught. I saved the log and it save as "FSLOG" file but I don't have anything I can open it with to view it again. Is there a program I need to download or a way to save it as another type of file? I can open it with word pad but it does not come out as a spread sheet type doc, just everything all in a word doc type format which is nearly unable to be read.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you view it with any good text editor (I use Notepad ++), you will find that the log file is a comma delimited file. You will be able to use Excel (use the text import option), and make sure you specify that it's comma delimited, not tab delimited.

I do note that there's a small bug where there's a comma in front of each line. That causes Excel to put a null column in when you import it. Not a big deal to fix that. Also you can use the text editor to drop the first 2 lines which is a header. It would probably be more helpful to save these files with a .csv extension so everyone knows that's the file's format.

When I get a chance I'll add this to the forum and add this detail into the user's guide.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.