• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to write the radio without reading? Motorola HT 1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedep701

Premium Subscriber
so me, being not very smart, decided to try programming my radio without first Backing up the Original Codeplug. I now have the codeplug but i cannot Write it to the radio because he program gives me an Error 4 and says the radio cannot be read. Can anybody help me and tell me how to program the radio without reading it. It is a Motorola HT 1250 and i have a ribless cable. I am using Professional Radio CPS version R06.09.06. PLEASE HELP!!! all help is very much appreciated!

Thank you,
Brian Clough
Edit/Delete Message

btritch

So I see you DID place it in another location, Though not in the general, In the motorola, Uh oh, A mod would call this a "Cross Post"

Just out of curiosity, Is there a "reset" button on there anywhere, Try that perhaps?

Astro25

The Waris series radios do not have a reset button.

Current CPS is R06.10.02 per my MOL and what I'm using here. Try a newer version and see if this helps.

Astro25

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The Waris series radios do not have a reset button.

Current CPS is R06.10.02 per my MOL and what I'm using here. Try a newer version and see if this helps.

Astro25

is there any new features to the radio? or just software update?

btritch

Ok..

Ok, Well I admit right now that I do not have one of these radio's, I'm not even sure of the type it is, I just know that some have resets and some don't.. It was just a suggestion, I wasn't saying I knew a lot about them because I don't. Just trying suggestions to help out former RR Members.. A little info to go on is better than none...Hmmmm......Is there a program that will work with this radio like we have for the scanners such as win500 etc. but for those radio's?

Just tossing around suggestions here...

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The software will work only with ht750 and ht1250. Not sure about the other moto radios. The software for these 2 are Professional radio CPS.

Firedep701

Premium Subscriber
Ok, Well I admit right now that I do not have one of these radio's, I'm not even sure of the type it is, I just know that some have resets and some don't.. It was just a suggestion, I wasn't saying I knew a lot about them because I don't. Just trying suggestions to help out former RR Members.. A little info to go on is better than none...Hmmmm......Is there a program that will work with this radio like we have for the scanners such as win500 etc. but for those radio's?

Just tossing around suggestions here...

All the help i can get is much appreciated thank you. yeah i have the program but everytime it goes to write to the radio it has to read it to make sure it can accept the new code but it can't read the current code because it's corrupted

Firedep701

Premium Subscriber
The software will work only with ht750 and ht1250. Not sure about the other moto radios. The software for these 2 are Professional radio CPS.

I do have that software but i didn't know if that software had something where you can write the codes to the radio without having to read it

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If I do send a coldplug to you. If you want to try to do what ever you need to in the software than write it to the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.