How Would i go about programming the Uniden 325P2 for the KCERS system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
title says it all, I want to programmed it for all of this sites and talk groups, but I will most likely only use the King County/ValleyCom site, most of the time.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Use FreeScan. You don't want to program in every site into a single bank.

Use #1 quick key for Site 1 (SPD) of KCERS. Use #6 quick key for Site #6 (ValleyCom) and you'll receive about 95% of the system. For my scanning, I have a 3rd quick key for my "scan only" TGIDs. These are the primary TGIDs that I want to hear no matter what. The other two banks are used for "id search" so I get everything on the system from those specific sites.

Start with the ValleyCom site and get it up and running first. Then worry about the next steps.

Use FreeScan. You don't want to program in every site into a single bank.

Use #1 quick key for Site 1 (SPD) of KCERS. Use #6 quick key for Site #6 (ValleyCom) and you'll receive about 95% of the system. For my scanning, I have a 3rd quick key for my "scan only" TGIDs. These are the primary TGIDs that I want to hear no matter what. The other two banks are used for "id search" so I get everything on the system from those specific sites.

Start with the ValleyCom site and get it up and running first. Then worry about the next steps.
Should the KCERS be the system? Or a site? And to actually start scanning what, do I press 1, then 6, and it starts scanning that site, and the do I set the certain talk groups in that site I want after setting the sites?

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Programming 14 sites into one "system" is messy and frankly pointless. The catch is that most TGIDs have "home" sites. If you want to catch Seattle traffic then you'll need to be on Site 1. If you want to catch traffic in South King County then you'll want to be on ValleyCom.

I use the 10 keys on the front panel for 10 systems -- so 10 banks. I can program 10 systems and then turn off/on each system by pressing 0-9 on the keypad.

You can for example: Program Bank 1 for KCERS Sites 1, 6 (Motorola 800 Trunk system) and then you let the scanner 'search' those sites for the active TGIDs. As you become more familiar with the system you can choose to keep searching for TGIDs or change to 'scan' mode -- and the scanner will only scan the TGIDs you care about.

This way you have only used 1 of your 10 available banks -- or in Uniden's language -- quick keys.

Alternatively, you could program Bank 1 for SPD and Bank 6 for ValleyCom. The only downside is that you use up (2) banks and each bank has to have their own TGIDs. It just comes down to what you want to hear and how often. If you want to hear say Kent PD & SE KCPD traffic only then you probably don't want to hear SPD traffic all the time. If that's the case then you may want/need (2) banks.

I would start with Bank 1 and program it for Site 6 of KCERS and let it search for TGIDs. If you can get that up and running then you're doing good. Note which TGIDs you hear and 'learn' the system. Then program TGIDs for the agencies you want to hear.

Just remember in SEARCH mode the scanner will give you all active TGIDs on that site. In SCAN mode, the scanner will only give you the TGIDs you've programmed. So it prioritizes your TGIDs and ignores the rest.

PS. Check YouTube for videos on programming a Uniden scanner using FreeScan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.