Howard County PD changes and Fire Department "Rapid Respose" Units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

menglish

It seems like Howard has added a new beat to the Police map. Over the last week I have heard units identifying as "Frank x-x" on the northern district frequency. Does anyone know what area this covers? I assume that they split it out from the Adam and/or Baker beats but I haven't been able to figure out the boundaries.
The other thing is the "Rapid Response" units that are currently responding out of Ellicott City (Rapid Response 2) and Long Reach (Rapid Response 9). I am wondering if these are National Guard Humvees that have been attached to the Fire Department during the snowstorm aftermath.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Matt

fd2119

It seems like Howard has added a new beat to the Police map. Over the last week I have heard units identifying as "Frank x-x" on the northern district frequency. Does anyone know what area this covers? I assume that they split it out from the Adam and/or Baker beats but I haven't been able to figure out the boundaries.
The other thing is the "Rapid Response" units that are currently responding out of Ellicott City (Rapid Response 2) and Long Reach (Rapid Response 9). I am wondering if these are National Guard Humvees that have been attached to the Fire Department during the snowstorm aftermath.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Matt

Matt;
I have a couple maps coming from Howard County GIS; one is a fire side map of the box areas (since they were split and redivided), and the other is beats on the police side. Additionally, you can go to my site (HowardFire) and read the article I wrote there. It's mostly incidents, but will have info on the box areas in the near future.

Regarding the RRUs, I have been told they're departmental pickups with plows, although there are National Guard humvees operating in the county.

Doug

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'll see what I can do about uploading this to the wiki (which should update the old beat map that's already there) tonight. Thanks for putting this up 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.