Howdy all, it's been awhile...

KC9NEG

I was active here a few years back and was the Marion Co. feed provider before moving to Ohio. I'm back now and see the feed may (or may not) be gone. I'll consider resuming as the provider if it's gone and no one else is interested in stepping up.

That being said, without spending all afternoon digging around while I'm at work, what's the latest on System 1? Any recent credible threats of full encryption (I noticed a potential Mayoral candidate's recent platform comments on the subject). Also, is the SDS100 / SDS200 currently the best way to monitor this system?

Thanks, everyone!

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I was active here a few years back and was the Marion Co. feed provider before moving to Ohio. I'm back now and see the feed may (or may not) be gone. I'll consider resuming as the provider if it's gone and no one else is interested in stepping up.

That being said, without spending all afternoon digging around while I'm at work, what's the latest on System 1? Any recent credible threats of full encryption (I noticed a potential Mayoral candidate's recent platform comments on the subject). Also, is the SDS100 / SDS200 currently the best way to monitor this system?

Thanks, everyone!
It looks like there IS indeed a Marion County Public Safety Feed. It currently has 146 listeners.

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
what's the latest on System 1? Any recent credible threats of full encryption
No changes and no encryption as of now. IMPD and all county law enforcement is in the clear. Different story for Hendricks County.
Also, is the SDS100 / SDS200 currently the best way to monitor this system?
In my experience, yes. That and an actual radio configured for NAS have given me the best results on this system. My 436 was nearly deaf in some parts of the county.

KC9NEG

No changes and no encryption as of now. IMPD and all county law enforcement is in the clear. Different story for Hendricks County.

In my experience, yes. That and an actual radio configured for NAS have given me the best results on this system. My 436 was nearly deaf in some parts of the county.
Thanks. I'll probably give one a try.