Howdy radiofiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbital_Relay

Have always had a fascination with tech. I am just starting out with "hamming". All i have in my "shack" at the mo is a bc346xt that i cant program (just dont get it). Working at it though thanks for reading. This shall be my first post here.

That same phrase is also my bio for the forum.

So criticize, ridicule, patronize, talk condescendingly or suspiciously question me in a pm if you wish, (as its against the rules for this page.) if in fact that there is an option to send a private message.

This is a post to establish new membership per normal forum etiquette. As i said i currently have a bc346xt that is beyond me to program at this time without futher study.

Also radio is a fantastic medium with which to tinker and play and i cant wait to learn more.

As always Thanks for reading. And long live the Wave -Orbz

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forum. Ive been in tech a while. If it plugs in and uses electricity, its on my list.

You didnt put your location on your profile, but the profile pic looks like you are about to moon the police during a riot :) Anyways, welcome, and feel free to ask questions, and ignore rude replies from those that know everything and want you to know they know it.

Orbital_Relay

Thanks for the warm welcome. Over time I hope to build a great collection and have some fun. Cheers!

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I am just starting out with "hamming".

You mean "scanning"? Or are you an amateur radio operator as well?

At any rate, welcome! I had the 346XT before I sold it for it's digital big brother. I liked the 346XT a lot. Hope you get it figured out. System > group > talk groups (channels in banks like with the BC125AT).

Orbital_Relay

i whant to do both scanning and radio operation as i think hey go hand in hand. Looking for a good radio o pick up if you know one or a thread thats about newbies setting up a shack id appreciate a reference.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Get your Technician class radio license and pick up a Baofeng UV-5R. That's the best start, You'll be able to talk to other radio guys on local 2 meter/70 cm repeaters and get lots of help.

Orbital_Relay

poste repeated for corrected spelling

i want to do both scanning and radio operation as i think they go hand in hand. Looking for a good radio to pick up if you know one or a thread thats about newbies setting up a shack, id appreciate a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.