HP-2: HP-1 and 2 updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybug12

I down loaded sentinel for my HP-1 in my computer a few years ago, I just bought HP-2 do I use that same download file to update both scanners. What is the latest firmware for HP-1 and HP-2 and the latest database. I am new to this so I am kind of confused. Any help would be great would like to upgrade both scanners in everything.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I down loaded sentinel for my HP-1 in my computer a few years ago, I just bought HP-2 do I use that same download file to update both scanners. What is the latest firmware for HP-1 and HP-2 and the latest database. I am new to this so I am kind of confused. Any help would be great would like to upgrade both scanners in everything.

The current version of Home Patrol Sentinel that is used for both Home Patrol 1 & 2 is version 2.03.02.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel/HomePatrol_Sentinel_2_03_02.zip

You can check your version by clicking "Help", then click "About" from the top menu bar when Sentinel is running on your computer.

As far as firmware and database updates, you can check the versions of those on your scanners...... From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select

MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

The current firmware available for the HP1 through Sentinel is version 2.06.06.

The current firmware available for the HP2 through Sentinel is:
Main Firmware Version: 1.05
Sub Firmware Version: 1.02

There have been no further firmware updates for the HP2 since it was released.

The current database for both scanners is 2/12/2017. Database updates are issued weekly.

The procedures for updating the firmware and database are clearly outlined of page 6 of your owner's manual.

You can purchase the optional Extreme Upgrade for both scanners here:

HomePatrolExtreme < HomePatrol < TWiki

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.