hp-1 extreem upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

n7vdr

After several years of struggling with the $100 fee for the software I decided it would be a better move to upgrade then get the bcd536hp. So I went to unidens web site to buy it and the sites certificates have expired
and nothing is encrypted to sketchy for me to put in cc numbers on a unprotected site. So I guess my question is does anyone know a safe way to get the extreme software upgrade? Thanks in advance.

n7vdr

Bump Is there any other way to pay for the extreme upgrade? I'm not using unidens site as long as the security certificates are expired.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I'm not seeing certificate errors when I go to the Uniden site. Are you sure your browser is updated?

n7vdr

Click the link in my previous post and log into your account that you have your scanners registered on the click the link to buy the upgrade the page that comes up for your cc info is the one that has expired security certificates.

JamesO

Expired security certificates are often due to bad data and time, often on the host machine.

Check your date and time to make sure everything is correct.

Also try another browser in case you are using something like IE6 or IE7.

If you are really worried, see if you can just get a prepaid VISA and only put the $100 on it and then move on.

n7vdr

Expired security certificates are often due to bad data and time, often on the host machine.

Check your date and time to make sure everything is correct.

Also try another browser in case you are using something like IE6 or IE7.

If you are really worried, see if you can just get a prepaid VISA and only put the $100 on it and then move on.
Thanks for the reply. I'm using Chrome and it popped up the thing about the time and date. So I may just take your advice and get a pre paid card and go for it. Thanks again.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Bump Is there any other way to pay for the extreme upgrade? I'm not using unidens site as long as the security certificates are expired.

The only other way I have seen is through Scanner Master. You will be required to send your scanner to them, and have them apply the upgrade.

From their website:

Home Patrol Extreme Upgrade Software:

Already own the Uniden HomePatrol?

If you already own the Uniden Homepatrol you can ship it to us, for this service.
Please allow 5 - 10 days for return shipping of your Uniden HomePatrol.

HomePatrol Extreme Upgrade Software

The "myuniden.com" certificate is showing that it expired 8/5/2014

DocCLB

Honestly, spend a little time looking at the reviews of the "Extreme Upgrade". Judge your decision off that.

As far as I understand (please anyone correct me if I'm incorrect), this isn't just some software you download....You have to send your HP-1 off:
https://www.scannermaster.com/HomePatrol_Extreme_Upgrade_Software_p/10-681754.htm

I bought my IC-R20 online, over wifi, while I was "working" in Central Asia, with an internet service routed through Russia, shipped to my home in SC, and had ZERO security issues. No reason to be paranoid dude....

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
this isn't just some software you download....You have to send your HP-1 off:..

Not true...

You don't ordinarily need to send your scanner out for it.

1. Register at myuniden.com

2. pay with credit card at that site to get a registration "key"

3. enter the key into your Home Patrol and the extreme upgrade is activated instantly.

rwier

Honestly, spend a little time looking at the reviews of the "Extreme Upgrade". Judge your decision off that. ............................................
...................................................................................
https://www.scannermaster.com/HomePatrol_Extreme_Upgrade_Software_p/10-681754.htm ..........................................................
..............................................................................................

If your are referring to the three reviews included at the end of the web page you cited above, they would appear to a "competent" HP-1 (EXTREME) user as nearly unintelligible admissions of incompetence.

If you know of other sites that offer reviews of the "EXTREME" option, I would also like to peruse those reviews,

Also, I just noticed that this discourse is being conducted under a heading of "Uniden Software Discussion". The only Uniden Software related to the HP-1 scanner (that I am aware of) is "Sentinel", a word that is not included in any previous post in this thread, and therefore should render the entire thread "off topic". If I were the the original poster, a "Moderator" would have chastened me instantly.

n7vdr

WOW "Sentinel" there I mentioned it! This is directly related to uniden and you have to use a computer to get it (the key) which unlocks the software. Sorry if I put anyones panties in a bunch.

DocCLB

If your are referring to the three reviews included at the end of the web page you cited above, they would appear to a "competent" HP-1 (EXTREME) user as nearly unintelligible admissions of incompetence.

If you know of other sites that offer reviews of the "EXTREME" option, I would also like to peruse those reviews,

Also, I just noticed that this discourse is being conducted under a heading of "Uniden Software Discussion". The only Uniden Software related to the HP-1 scanner (that I am aware of) is "Sentinel", a word that is not included in any previous post in this thread, and therefore should render the entire thread "off topic". If I were the the original poster, a "Moderator" would have chastened me instantly.

Cool story bro. I did find a few reviews that might help you peruse those reviews of the Extreme Upgrade. Awesome site, I HIGHLY recommend. They've been around for a little while, but lately got their game really rolling:

Google . When you get there, type in "Uniden HomePatrol-1 Extreme Upgrade Reviews"

The level of omnipotent pontification from your correspondence has caused my HP-1 to self destruct. (I can use a thesaurus too).

DocCLB

WOW "Sentinel" there I mentioned it! This is directly related to uniden and you have to use a computer to get it (the key) which unlocks the software. Sorry if I put anyones panties in a bunch.

Hey man, there's no problem at all! Your dollars, and your gear....Spend it, do your thing and rock it!

(Go look at Butel's HP-1 software ;-) Much better IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.