Hp-1 Favorites downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

alossa

Hello all! I am new to the forum and a recent owner of the Uniden HP-1 a great (small) unit and works as well as posted would recommend to anyone as very user friendly, since I am fairly new to using the pc to downlooad it has me at a stand still in regards to using Sentinal to download(upload?) some favorites to the HP--1.have the latest updates loaded followed all the instruction(or so I think) but sentinal will not allow me to load fav.onto the scanner, any helpful advise, hints, would certainly be appreciated. Keep up the good work happy scanning to all!

OCO

Hello all! I am new to the forum and a recent owner of the Uniden HP-1 a great (small) unit and works as well as posted would recommend to anyone as very user friendly, since I am fairly new to using the pc to downlooad it has me at a stand still in regards to using Sentinal to download(upload?) some favorites to the HP--1.have the latest updates loaded followed all the instruction(or so I think) but sentinal will not allow me to load fav.onto the scanner, any helpful advise, hints, would certainly be appreciated. Keep up the good work happy scanning to all!

What error message are you getting?
Note you must have batteries in the unit to write to the HP1....

rwier

................................................ using Sentinal to download(upload?) some favorites to the HP--1.......................................sentinal will not allow me to load fav.onto the scanner ....................... ......................

Hi alossa,

I will try to help, but let's try to be as specific as possible in our attempts to communicate.

We will address two areas of interest:

1) The precise terminology used by the scanner and the radio.
and
2) The specific physical, hands-on, step-by-step workings of the software (Sentinel) and the radio.

Number One:

Sentinel will load an entire configuration (Sentinel calls it a "Profile") from the computer (the software) to the scanner, and the reverse. Contained in the "Profile" are the DB (database) and one , or more, "Favorites Lists" (If you have created them). You cannot (at least I don't know how to) load/transfer "some favorites" or a "fav.".

Number Two:

Start with the HP-1 turned on and on external power (not batteries only). Connect the radio to your computer using the appropriate USB cable. You should see an immediate CHANGE in the screen.

You are being asked: "Mass Storage" or "Serial Port". Select (tap on) "Mass Storage".

The radio now goes into "transfer mode" (my term) and the screen becomes inoperative (goes dead).

Now go to the Sentinel software. If you are happy with your previous Sentinel programming (creating Favorite Lists, etc.), "click" on "HomePatrol" (top).

Now you have three choices. Let's assume you want to transfer the current "Profile" (configuration) to the scanner. You would then "click" on "Write to HomePatrol". This should result in a "pop-up" screen" with more options.

You should highlight (select) the "Uniden HomePatrol-1" option. For now, leave the two little boxes (under "Write option") unmarked/unfilled. Click on "Ok" (bottom right of pop-up screen). The transfer should begin.

You may get another pop-up screen asking if you want to overwrite data in the radio. Select yes, or continue (I don't have that screen in front of me). Transfer should continue until completion.

Remove the USB cable from radio. The radio will begin operation using the new configuration.

That's it for now, please report back your success and/or other questions or problems.

Thanks,
Rob

alossa

Hp!

Hi alossa,

I will try to help, but let's try to be as specific as possible in our attempts to communicate.

We will address two areas of interest:

1) The precise terminology used by the scanner and the radio.
and
2) The specific physical, hands-on, step-by-step workings of the software (Sentinel) and the radio.

Number One:

Sentinel will load an entire configuration (Sentinel calls it a "Profile") from the computer (the software) to the scanner, and the reverse. Contained in the "Profile" are the DB (database) and one , or more, "Favorites Lists" (If you have created them). You cannot (at least I don't know how to) load/transfer "some favorites" or a "fav.".

Number Two:

Start with the HP-1 turned on and on external power (not batteries only). Connect the radio to your computer using the appropriate USB cable. You should see an immediate CHANGE in the screen.

You are being asked: "Mass Storage" or "Serial Port". Select (tap on) "Mass Storage".

The radio now goes into "transfer mode" (my term) and the screen becomes inoperative (goes dead).

Now go to the Sentinel software. If you are happy with your previous Sentinel programming (creating Favorite Lists, etc.), "click" on "HomePatrol" (top).

Now you have three choices. Let's assume you want to transfer the current "Profile" (configuration) to the scanner. You would then "click" on "Write to HomePatrol". This should result in a "pop-up" screen" with more options.

You should highlight (select) the "Uniden HomePatrol-1" option. For now, leave the two little boxes (under "Write option") unmarked/unfilled. Click on "Ok" (bottom right of pop-up screen). The transfer should begin.

You may get another pop-up screen asking if you want to overwrite data in the radio. Select yes, or continue (I don't have that screen in front of me). Transfer should continue until completion.

Remove the USB cable from radio. The radio will begin operation using the new configuration.

That's it for now, please report back your success and/or other questions or problems.
how I made out, another post ob

Thank you Rob for your suggestions will let you know ! have to love that learning curve?? I assume you have a HP1 as well?

rwier

Thank you Rob for your suggestions will let you know ! have to love that learning curve?? I assume you have a HP1 as well?

Yes I do. After we get your radio humming we will have a lesson on "Forum Signatures".

By the way, I was just curious as to " Where in the World is Sar Ontnia?", lol. A Google search returns only (as a direct quote) "your location" here on the RR Forum. It's not easy to stump Google like that. Are you from another Planet?

Thanks,
Rob

iamretired911

Need help with favorites list please.

I know it's been some time since someone posted in this group, but I am in desperate need of help.

I created a few new favorites in my Favorite List using HP Sentinel; however, it will not copy a few of them. I've tried uploading several times, I've even pushed the reset button on the back of the unit, and I even told it to overwrite the current favorites list. However, out of the 14 number of favorites I've created, only 9 have been copied. I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong, or?

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.