HP-1 files to 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I know this question has been asked, but danged if I can find it thru a search. Also, I'd try it but I'm not home at the moment, so....

Is it possible to use the programming from my HP-1 on my 536? It would save a lot of new programming work if I could. I have a few favorite lists that were done totally manually, and I would really like it if I didn't have to type all the information over into the x36 Sentinal program.

Thanks in advance for any information provided.
:)

XTS3000

Yes you can! I've done it with almost all my favorites from the HP-1.

You export your favorite list from the HP-1 software, then open the x46HP software and import the favorite file.

Once imported, you must go into the main scanner settings and activate the favorite list you just imported. Seems as default when you import the lists are off, and must be toggled on.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Yes you can! I've done it with almost all my favorites from the HP-1.

You export your favorite list from the HP-1 software, then open the x46HP software and import the favorite file.

Once imported, you must go into the main scanner settings and activate the favorite list you just imported. Seems as default when you import the lists are off, and must be toggled on.

Sounds good. When I get home this afternoon I shall give it a try.

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Sounds good. When I get home this afternoon I shall give it a try.

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

Just remember that, once imported into the Sentinel program for the 536 (same as for the 436HP), you would need to edit that Favorites list in order to take advantage of the options in the x36HP series not present in the HP-1. That would include quick keys (for Fav lists, systems, departments, and sites), start-up keys, number tags, and of course the alert light color.

I also had a number of manually entered, or heavily modified lists in my HP-1. Importing them into Sentinel x36, then tweaking the added features was a major time saver for me as well.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
A bit more detailed info..

In HP1 Sentinel, go File>Export to hpe. From there, you can choose one favorite you want to export (if you have multiple favorites, you'll just have to do this multiple times).

Once you've chosen the favorite list, you can check off which systems you want included in the export (you can do it for all, one, or some).

You're then prompted for a filename. Take note of where it's saving the file (typically My Documents, IIRC).

Go to x36HP Sentinel and choose File>Import from hpe.

You'll be asked to choose what favorites list to import into. If you want to merge it with an existing x36HP fav, you can do that here. Otherwise you can click New Favorites List and create a new one.

Next, you'll be given a file/open dialog.. navigate to wherever you saved the file from the HP1 Sentinel, and choose it.

Voilà as they say! :)

Here's the fun part as far as I'm concerned - not only can you do this from HP1 to x36 ... but if for some reason you end up wanting to take an x36 favorite and put it on your HP1.. you can go that direction too. HP1 Sentinel will import hpe files exported from x36 Sentinel just as easily (but of course you won't have the x36 added features like number tags, quick keys, colors, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.