HP-1 Firmware 2.05.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhouk

Download link in post 16 then copy the file to the firmware folder in the HP1's SD card folder. Disconnect the USB and update should commence.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

jasonhouk

Welcome and could you post the issues you encountered with the updated firmware and reason for rolling back?

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Welcome and could you post the issues you encountered with the updated firmware and reason for rolling back?

I am in a area that the Ohio MARCS P25 is not that active. Not sure if the update helped or hurt..... Wva Sirn is P25 and I will see how the reception is on it..... Just wanted to know how to roll it back in case I need too..........

phask

Premium Subscriber
I've posted before - I see no improvement, none, nada, nothing at all.

That is Marcs-ip (P25 xii) and regular MARCS - on the Regular MARCS (Motorola) the 4 second hang time at the end of transmissions is a killer.

I see no other changes that my ear can tell. That is 2 side by side, same favorite list, same antennas.

To hard to tell - but it seams that setting delay to 0 reduces the hang time. For me, it's hard to test. If you could change the delay on an entire system it woul d be easier. I have not tried a negative delay.

Personally - do not update.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I've posted before - I see no improvement, none, nada, nothing at all.

That is Marcs-ip (P25 xii) and regular MARCS - on the Regular MARCS (Motorola) the 4 second hang time at the end of transmissions is a killer.

I see no other changes that my ear can tell. That is 2 side by side, same favorite list, same antennas.

To hard to tell - but it seams that setting delay to 0 reduces the hang time. For me, it's hard to test. If you could change the delay on an entire system it woul d be easier. I have not tried a negative delay.

Personally - do not update.

I probably will rollback the firmware tonight............
Thanks for the information..........

jasonhouk

As promised, hopefully a better video posted with the issues in my previous post.

Firmware 2.05.03 issues. - YouTube

This video clearly shows the 4+ sec hang on voice ch and the pop when the ch is released and the issue where another group is transmitting on the same voice ch because the radio didn't release said ch but the display shows prior group. Also shows the squelch tail on the analog conventional ch's.

jasonhouk

With this FW update being released over a year from the previous one seems very doubtful to me that Uniden will put these issues on their front burner.

DeKP

Yes, that HELP button serves no purpose. It should be on a sub menu. What I would like to see instead of the Atten,GPS and Help button (put in sub menu) is a Clock in its place.

MStep

I ended up reverting back to my 2.03, which I feel offers superior P25 reception over both 2.04 or the newer 2.05, at least to my ears. This could be more subjective than objective, although some folks in this thread were able to make actual A/B comparisons and pointed out some issues that 2.05 presented.

I'm hoping that sometime in the future, Uniden might be able to offer firmware upgrades in a different way--- you might want to look at my other thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...lore-new-firmware-strategies.html#post2192220

Thanks everyone here for your input and please keep your reports coming.

wise871

Database Admin
Can someone share 2.03 firmware. The copy I have keeps coming up as bad when I try to update.

**Never mind. Found a link in the forums. All is good to go.**

Last edited:

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
I, too, would like to thank Jason for providing the link.
I spent far too much time trying to figure out what the issue was until I found this thread. I find it ridiculous that Uniden has not publicly acknowledged this issue and left it to consumers to figure this out on their own.
Just wrong.
John

sgtech

2.05 issues

Odd,
But I'm not having the issues shown in the video at all. Not really hanging up on Motorola TGs. Upgraded from 2.04 to 2.05. Seems a little better reception on p25 Simulcast in my area (Houston PD,TX WARN GGSL). Although I don't have a side to side comparison- just going from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.