HP-1 Needs new touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I need a new touch screen for my HP 1. Does anyone know where I can purchase just the touch screen or has a part number for it?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Uniden will have the part number. But by the time you get done, it may be cheaper to send it into Uniden repair and pay their flat repair fee. I believe it’s $70 plus another $10 for shipping, parts included. I’d call Uniden repair and ask them to quote you a price.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have you tried re-seating the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the motherboard?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Uniden’s current flat rate repair fee for the Home Patrol is $89.95 including return shipping. You pay shipping to them.

Ubbe

If the display isn't crushed you can check and calibrate it in service mode. Hold volume up while powering on and when the startup picture displays you hold down the volume down button.

/Ubbe

z96cobra

There were some folks that had an unresponsive touch screen that turned out to be debris between the screen & edge of screen plastic.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I apologize for getting back so late. I do want to thank eveyone for thier help and responses. Unfortunately there seems to be chip that is getting extremely hot. It is most likely something else shorted. I guess I can either send it back or play around with it see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.