HP-1 Not using AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star56

Premium Subscriber
Folks,

My HP-1 appears to no longer recognize the ac adapter when plugged in.

Heres the scoop: About a month ago the HP stopped receiving anything. The unit powered up and scannned...but suddenly no RF...WX channels nada...noting. Checked the attenuator...it was off.

Sent it to Uniden for repair. Got it back today. It said "J1" replaced whatever that is.

Good News: It now receives fine.

Bad News: I plug in the AC ADAPTER nothing...the HP-1 does not even indicate it has been plugged in. It ran fine on batteries...until they drained. Checked the charging time thingy...it is fine ( the menu set charging time function).

I replaced with a fresh set of rechargables...again it works fine...but it will not charge OR even recognize that an AC adapter is plugged in.

Bad Ac adapter? I do not want to send this thing back in and be without it until after Xmas.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
try the DC adapter in your car...if that works then AC adapter is probably bad
Harry

OCO

I'd guess that "J1" was a jack (standard nomenclature).... I'd be calling Uniden if the test of the DC adaptor gives the same results.

Star56

Premium Subscriber
Figured it out!

It was the AC adapter. I ran to radio shack tried a 9v 800m adapter...it works fine.

Strange...never had an AC adapt go bad in all the decades I have been messing with this stuff.

Anyway...thanks for the replies!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.