HP-1 Old firmware files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worble7

where can I find the old firmware files I have been looking all over this site with no luck and also how would I apply an old file to scanner using sentinel? thanks for your help

marksmith

There is a home patrol user group on yahoo that has these files our there for download. You have to become a group member.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

worble7

thank you marksmith I found a old file that works on the yahoo groups but now how can I load it on the home patrol if I hit update it wants to load the newest firmware I know I have done this before and loaded an old firmware on this unit before but as age has it I cant remember how ugh can some one please tell me home. thanks Jeff

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
thank you marksmith I found a old file that works on the yahoo groups but now how can I load it on the home patrol if I hit update it wants to load the newest firmware I know I have done this before and loaded an old firmware on this unit before but as age has it I cant remember how ugh can some one please tell me home. thanks Jeff
Connect the scanner to your PC, and select 'Mass Storage Mode'.
Copy the firmware file to the folder on the scanner's memory card that is labeled as 'firmware'.
Correctly disconnect the scanner from the pc (use the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media; the icon for that should be in the notification tray, lower right hand corner of the screen).
Once you disconnect the scanner by unplugging the cable, the scanner should restart and load the firmware during the boot up process.

If you do an "update firmware" in Sentinel, it will try to download & install the current file, instead of retaining the older version that you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.