HP-1: HP-1 personalities or profiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQA726

Hi, been playing with HP-1 for a week and been saving the various talkgroups into specific favorite lists.
First Question:
Now, is there a way I can save each one of those favorite lists as a 'personality/profile' scanlist?
So if I want local fire only, can I save a FIRE scanlist/profile?
So if I want local rural PD only can I save a PBURG favorites scanlist/profile of both P25 and conventional and have that as a selection?
It always starts up in the same mode, then I have to go to favorite lists and enter location and mileage; is there a shorter way to save my 5 most common groups?
Also, I saved conventional stations to a favorite, but is there a way I can manually add/subtract conventional frequencies if I HAVEN'T been able to have them in operation and then to the SAVE? Or can I add my own conventional if it isn't in Radio Reference data base, or if I just want to add one 2 meter frequency to a favorite list?
2nd Question:
Multiple transmitter sites for a system. If it's in orange are you using that group, or not using that group of frequencies?
I have a horrible simulcast system in town, BUT, when I'm out of the county, can I trigger a different site frequency set, or does it automatically select from the 4 sites?
3rd:
Can I have the same favorites with one site, then save a 'scanlist' or 'personality' for the save favorites but a different site?
Thanks,
for an old timer, manually programming the 396XT by hand worked easier and just assigning a number button to scan/no scan a system sure seemed easier than trying to run the HP-1. Is the 436 essentially an HP-1 with a keypad?
Thanks again!
J.

Status
Not open for further replies.