HP-1 programing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to find a police dept. (thats not on the database because the recently changed freq.) I have a strong feeling they are on 769.53125 and 799.53125. They said they run Conventional with digital audio(?)

What I am wondering is if the Homepatrol with the extreme update will allow me to program those frequencies
Here is a link to where I got freq. info from.
WQQM875 Scanner Frequencies

lep

The link has most of the info from the FCC ULS listing of the license, except for the emission designators which are: 8K10F1E and 8K10F1D for both channels and both locations. One of the stations is class FB2.
I am not clear what the EE upgrade has to do with putting the frequencies into a favorite lists, Any version of the HP-1 should be able to do that. But, the EE version does have the "analyze function" including identifying LTR if that should be helpful Good Luck.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The link has most of the info from the FCC ULS listing of the license, except for the emission designators which are: 8K10F1E and 8K10F1D for both channels and both locations. One of the stations is class FB2.
I am not clear what the EE upgrade has to do with putting the frequencies into a favorite lists, Any version of the HP-1 should be able to do that. But, the EE version does have the "analyze function" including identifying LTR if that should be helpful Good Luck.
I think the OP may be thinking that the Extreme is required. It is if you want to add a new system from the keypad, not using Sentinel. But you can edit, add to, or otherwise massage existing lists in Sentinel without the Extreme Upgrade.
I am trying to find a police dept. (thats not on the database because the recently changed freq.) I have a strong feeling they are on 769.53125 and 799.53125. They said they run Conventional with digital audio(?)

What I am wondering is if the Homepatrol with the extreme update will allow me to program those frequencies
Here is a link to where I got freq. info from.
WQQM875 Scanner Frequencies
That same frequency information is on RadioReference here. As licensed, the 799.53125 is the input side to the repeater on 769.53125. 769.53125 is the frequency you're mainly trying to hear.

Yes, you can create a new 'system' for that frequency, using an HP-1 with the Extreme Upgrade.
From the Main Menu:
Advanced Menu
At the 'Advanced Menu' screen, choose "Advanced Option"
Then from Advanced Option, choose "Edit Favorites Lists"
If you want to add this to an existing list, choose that list
or
If you want to create a new list, just for this, choose "Create New List"
You'll need to give it a name before proceeding to the next step.

If adding to an existing list was the option you chose, once you picked a list, you'll see the "Select System" screen. There, you can choose to either edit an existing system, or choose the "Create New System" option.
If creating a new system, you'll then be given a choice of system types-
Conventional, P25 Standard Trunk, P25 One Freq Trunk, Motorola, etc.
You're apparently wanting Conventional. Give it a name, then start building your system.

If you are creating a new favorites list just for this (you chose "Create New List), then you'd first give your new list a name.
Then, you can 'Create New System' by choosing type, giving it a name, etc, same as if editing an existing list.

Frankly, though, it would be much quicker & easier to just do this in Sentinel. The Extreme Upgrade is not needed to create & add a new system and or Favorites List using Sentinel.

I have used the Extreme features to create & add a new trunked system I ran across when out in the field, when I did not have my laptop with me. So, I have done this. Also added and edited other systems for various reasons. But most of the time, when I want to create a new system, or make major modifications to an existing one, I do it in Sentinel, then download to the HP-1. Quicker, and keeps everything on the 'same page'.

Are you not hearing Ashtabula on their talkgroups on MARCS?

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
From what I was told is that they do not operate on the MARCS ststem anymore. I also have never heard anyone talking on APD. I am a current feed provider (new) and the previous person didnt stream APD either because he couldnt find it i think. I have the OLD apd freq. programed and the marcs talkgroup. along with the 700MHz I listed here, and nothing. Do you think that the talkgroup has changed since it was added to RR database/

I live 10 miles away from bula, I dont know how much that would help though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.