HP-1 recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDavis90

Sometimes an incident will develop while listening, and it never fails to happen when I'm about to head out the door. Anyone know how long it can record?...say if you are gone for 2 or 3 hours and want to hear the outcome of the call.

Thanks...

OCO

You'll be safe ... check Jay911's report in the middle of this thread.. Note he was using a 4 GB card, your stock one is 2 GB, still lots of recording time on it.

OCO

I recorded an hour of the local NOAA weather. It took 56MB of space on the microSD card. This was continuous audio, which you won't have on many systems (some of the top 50 streamers I'm sure run above 50% during their busiest times) . The HP1 eliminates all the dead air in between transmissions, so normally you'll see much less than 56MB required per hour.

My card had about 60 MB used (HPDB plus favorites and standard files). With the available space, I could have recorded 34+ hours of continuous audio and a much, much more from a typical system, as Jay indicated.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Things really must be slow on the scanner front in Central Michigan, if you spent a whole hour just recording NOAA! ;)
But it is nice to know how much space that takes on the SD card.

Did the forecast change during that hour??

JK

OCO

Never know what we'll sacrifice in the name of scanner "science".. Ya know, I listened to that broadcast, he seemed to be repeating himself. Seems like I've always used NOAA more as a test tool than for it's intended purpose.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.