HP-1 Screen Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
All:
I am sure many of you have already done something like this but I wanted to pass it on just in case and the screen protector is on sale.

I wanted to protect the screen on the HP-1 with a cell phone/PDA type screen cover. I started with a ZAGG invisible shield that was intended for a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0. BestBuy have them on sale, at least locally for $9.99. The screen protector is big enough to made two screens for the HP-1.

I made a template and finally cut the screen using a wheel cutter that is used for photos and paper. I made the size almost a little larger than the screen size, I mean, maybe 1/32nd bigger with the hope it would flow slightly under the screen.

The result was very good. I cannot see the edge of the protector and the touch functions work just fine. It apparently takes 2-3 days for all imperfections to go away.

The ZAGG kit has a small rubber squeegee, a microfiber cloth and application fluid. I was VERY careful not to spray the HP-1 and only a light spray on the protection screen. I was also careful to mop away any excess fluid so it did not get inside the unit.
WARNING - I don't take responsibility if if mess up your radio using this tip.

Enjoy,

Kevin

Baskt_Case

Nintendo DSi screen protectors are almost a perfect fit. On that note, the DSi stylus pen is great for manipulating the touch screen, I keep one next to my HP-1 at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.