HP-1 Sentinel: Creating a new department

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauraQ

I've created a new Favorite List in Sentinel, added a new department and uploaded to HP-1. However, when holding on that department, I'm not hearing anything, even though another scanner running clearly is hearing activity on those talk groups.

What I have done wrong?

-- Laura

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If a trunked system, be sure that the site frequencies are correct. Also, be sure the channels in that department have the correct TGIDs for what you want to hear.

If not a trunked system, be sure the frequencies and modulation are correct for the channels in the department.

You could always post a "HPE" file and someone might be able to take a look at it.

LauraQ

Thanks, UPMan! I'll figure out how to post the file. It's a P25 trunked system (San Diego RCS).

Last edited:

LauraQ

Try this attachment. With this Favorite, the specific department I created is "San Marcos Sheriff and Fire." That's the one that, when held on, will not scan the included talk groups.

Thank you!
Laura

Attachments

• RCS System.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 64

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You probably need to put in a location for that department. Other than that, make sure Fire Dispatch, Fire Tac, Law Dispatch, and Law Tac are enabled (hpe files don't carry that info, so I cannot tell if they are or aren't).

LauraQ

All service types have been entered, as well as geographic coordinates copied from one of the other departments that do work. Still refuses to scan it. if I lock on a channel within that department I can hear the audio...it's just won't scan the talk groups when I lock that Department.

rwier

QUOTE=UPMan;1627633]................. make sure Fire Dispatch, Fire Tac, Law Dispatch, and Law Tac are "enabled"......................................................[/QUOTE]

QUOTE=LauraQ;1627787]All service types have been "entered".......................................................[/QUOTE]

Hi Laura,

Does your "entered" mean the same (to you) as UPMan's "enabled"?

I believe "entered" would normally involve using software, and "enabled" would normally involve holding and operating the scanner? Just in case, lol.

R

LauraQ

Yes, entered in the software and enabled on the scanner. : )

All of the other departments scan just fine. It's this one department I created that won't. Strange...

- Laura

rwier

Massaging your zip file into the Favorites List Editor, and comparing your "San Marcos Sheriff and Fire" to "San Marcos" (guessing it's from the RRDB?) the only difference that jumps out relates to UPMan's previous "You probably need to put in a location for that department".

Try copying the data:

Latitude
Longitude
Range

(found under the Location Tab)

from "San Marcos" to "San Marcos Sheriff and Fire" and report.

Rob

LauraQ

Done that. No change. The department shows up, but when I hold on it, nothing. It appears to be something in the Sentinel software, just can't figure out what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.