HP-1 splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrolocked

ANyone tried (with any success) to change the HP1 splash screen?

There's a file on the system that look slike the splash screen, but modifying it and replacing it has not caused any visible bootup changes.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
ANyone tried (with any success) to change the HP1 splash screen?

There's a file on the system that look slike the splash screen, but modifying it and replacing it has not caused any visible bootup changes.

It's quite easy to do, and has been posted quite a few times.

First, be sure you have the HomePatrol updated to the very latest firmware for this to work... Ver 2.03

Then, connect the HP-1 to your computer in the mass storage mode, look for the "Opening.bmp" (the Home Patrol Logo) and "Owner_information.bmp" (a solid black graphic) files on the SD card.

Edit them to anything you want but keep the exact same name and size (320x240), and location on the card.

The "Opening.bmp" is the splash screen that shows up when the unit is first turned on, the "Owner_information.bmp" shows up behind the owner information text on the screen that follows the splash screen, and it also shows up behind the clock text in the "Clock Standby Mode" (however, it doesn't show up behind the text in the "Weather Standby Mode").

If you want the originals back again, simply delete those 2 files completely from the SD card, and the HP-1 firmware will re-write the original files back to where they were as soon as it re-boots..

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
never mind I took my photos in 16:9 and won't resize the right way

Yes, the bmp must be 320x240.

If any other size is used the graphic will revert back to the original pic as soon as the Home Patrol re-boots.

Also, I don't recall for sure, but the name "Opening.bmp" might be case-sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.