HP-1 with EXt UpGrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfpdb

My HP has stopped receiveing, it wont hear anything. it did this early on after i got it but has worked ok since i sent it to Uniden who said that the attn was on, i have checked that isnt the problem, any other suggestions, I would make someone a good deal on this thing it has been a great dissapointment

QwKiE

Try This

First try the location again put in your zip code, second make sure your range is set to like 10 miles at least look at your squelch setting set it to two bars. Check your antenna make sure its not bad, try another antenna. Last if none of that works reset the HP-1 its under the battries I think in the back of the unit.

Then set up the HP-1 again

If nothing like that works how much are you asking for the unit if you sell it?

bfpdb

I have changed ant, set squelch to 1 bar and triple checked to see that attn wasnt on, no red dot, not a beep for at least 3 days. maybe more as i have been working 6 days a week until last sat.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
My HP1 when it failed, was identified by Uniden support as the attenuator being turned on, but it was actually that the stock antenna was bad. I swapped it out for a different scanner antenna from my shack at home and it works fine now.

bfpdb

I had allready put a Diamond HT ant on it, I have updated the firmware and reloaded data base and created a new fav, it is now working. dont know what i corrected. but it is now talking. I only monitor a couple of channels that are only 10 miles away. it should hear them ok. But the Bands are crazy now by 10am today 75meters was dead. Thanks for help.

ICP963

Feed Provider
I would also go to quick entry and enter something like 162.550 (or the correct wx freq in your area) and see if it picks that up.

QwKiE

Just asking

You say that you only use a few frequencies and that there your favs, when you update the HP1 you know you write to the HP1, what I am saying you have favs you listen to make sure that if you are programming the freqs directly to the HP that you read from the HP1 back to sentinel so that the freqs are saved when your updating the HP in the future.

Just a thought.

You say that you only use a few frequencies and that there your favs, when you update the HP1 you know you write to the HP1, what I am saying you have favs you listen to make sure that if you are programming the freqs directly to the HP that you read from the HP1 back to sentinel so that the freqs are saved when your updating the HP in the future.

Just a thought.

Here is a question for you. If I have modified my FAVS list using Sentinel do I need to delete the FAVS list stored on the HP1 before I upload the modified list to it, or will Sentinel over right the existing list on the HP1?

Richard

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If the lists are different on the PC and on the HP-1, you will be prompted to either overwrite or keep.

QwKiE

Thinking

It should overwrite as long as it is the same file. But if you really want the correct answer you should try to talk to UPMan, Paul will give you the right answer for sure.

tipster67

Being a Uniden product.... I'm sure it can be fixed with a future update, hopefully they don't charge ya too much for an update.

rwier

Up until 1959 I responded to sirens and smoke on a bicycle! Today's premium scanners offered by Uniden and GRE were beyond the wildest imagination of anyone alive back then. I am quite blessed to have lived into the last few years. Also, my 2 ex-wives made some quality career/financial decisions (demands) for (of) me, allowing me to look forward today to "being charged" for the next super upgrade/update, super new scanner, super new antenna, super new scanner software, etc.

Life is good, bless the Lord.

R

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.