HP-2 Found new channel, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
So i have a Home Patrol 2 with Extreme upgrade, and several times over the past months, i've heard local deputies say got to Tac 2, and its not listed in the DB, so, earlier, when one of them told the other to go to Tac 2, i went right to the trunked discovery mode, and found them talking on that channel, so now what do i do, to get it into my scanner, DB, or whatever, first time i've had to do this, so ANY help would be appreciated, so that i can get this added ASAP, Is there any way to do it manully in the software, i know the TGID i guess, and thats about it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So i have a Home Patrol 2 with Extreme upgrade, and several times over the past months, i've heard local deputies say got to Tac 2, and its not listed in the DB, so, earlier, when one of them told the other to go to Tac 2, i went right to the trunked discovery mode, and found them talking on that channel, so now what do i do, to get it into my scanner, DB, or whatever, first time i've had to do this, so ANY help would be appreciated, so that i can get this added ASAP, Is there any way to do it manully in the software, i know the TGID i guess, and thats about it.
I would suggest submitting it to the database. That way, once your submission is entered by one of the DB Admins, it will be in the master database in Sentinel as well as the scanner.

You cannot update the main database in Sentinel, but you can add the new channel to your favorites list. As you have the Extreme Upgrade, you can add it to the list on the scanner itself (that cannot be done if you did not have the Extreme upgrade, but you do).

To add to the Favorites list directly on the scanner:
Press Menu
At the next screen, press Advanced Menu
Next screen, press Advanced Option
Now, select Edit Favorites lists
Select the list you are using.
Then, select the system (the trunked system where you identified the new ID).
Now, select Edit Department (Since you mentioned deputies, select the county (or the Sheriff's Office, if it is broken down that far).
Once you are at the Department level, select Edit Channel
There, you'll find the option to create a new channel.

Note that if you are not using a Favorites list, but simply scanning via your location and using the main database, no talkgroup or conventional frequency can be added. You would have to wait until the new TGID is submitted, and then added to the system. After that is done, you'd then have to wait after that change is entered & the update added to the database Uniden supplies. Uniden picks up changes made on Sundays. That information is then processed for any updates, and is available for download into Sentinel on Monday morning. So, if you submitted the information, and an Admin processed that on Monday, it would not appear in the downloaded database until the following Monday.

If you enter it directly in the scanner, be sure and also add the new channel in Sentinel. Otherwise, if you do a database update and then write that update and any Favorites lists to the scanner, it would wipe out anything added in the scanner only.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I believe that I added it to the scanner directly, see how it goes, and I did submit it to the database, with the information that I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I got it programmed with the software, I remembered I did it awhile back when I had a home patrol 1, and someone gave me the TGIDs to some local unlisted stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Curious

Now all us Texas people are curious....

What Agency is the mystery TAC-2 channel?
And what is the ID?

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.