HP-2: HP 2 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief580

hi.all ,recieved a new HP-2 did the pre load , loaded from my ARC software it except analog freq. with P25 in UHF but will not receive any 700/800 freq. in Marcs Asking for help My 436 and 536 both work fine

tvengr

Well Known Member
Which ARC software are you using. There is ARC Patrol for the HP1 and HP2 and ARC536 for the 436 and 536. There are also separate Sentinels (HomePatrol and BCDx36HP).

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you export a hpe file of your favorites list and attach it, I will check it for problems. You will have to right click on the file and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. What is your city and county?

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Assuming it is programmed correctly, HP2 technology is "older" and seems to require alot more signal strength on a sample 700mhz P25 system. With the same antenna (stationary); my SDS200 reception is full bars, 536HP is 2-3, HP2 is 1 bar sometimes none. Doesn't mean its a bad unit, I love both of mine; it just is surpassed with newer technology.

Take the HP2 closer to the site(s) you are trying to monitor and hold on the control channel. You should be able to tell rather quickly if it is signal strength or programming.

Both can be improved, just need a proper direction to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.