HP favorites list (yet another question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
I have created a favorites list for the the county in which I live, but when I use the list I don't get the same amount of reception as I do when I use the regular full database, for example, Cleveland county in the full Database gets much more "action" than does the same system on the Favorites list, I have my BCD396xt sitting beside the HP and I can hear the calls on the 396 but not the HP, so i"m thinking maybe I missed a step when creating the Favorites list.
any thoughts as to what may be the problem?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have created a favorites list for the the county in which I live, but when I use the list I don't get the same amount of reception as I do when I use the regular full database, for example, Cleveland county in the full Database gets much more "action" than does the same system on the Favorites list, I have my BCD396xt sitting beside the HP and I can hear the calls on the 396 but not the HP, so i"m thinking maybe I missed a step when creating the Favorites list.
any thoughts as to what may be the problem?

Do you have all the correct service types turned on for your favorites list?

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
I went to sentinel, then EDIT, Didn't see "profile" or select service types. also I failed to mention that I imported the files from RR database, if that makes a difference.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I went to sentinel, then EDIT, Didn't see "profile" or select service types. also I failed to mention that I imported the files from RR database, if that makes a difference.

From the top tool bar in Sentinel:

click "Edit"
then click "Edit Profile"

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
oops, I created the list in ARC-Patrol and that's what I was looking for your directions in, I opened sentinel and saw what you were talking about, are you familiar with ARC-Patrol?

phask

Premium Subscriber
from the main screen - menu - select service types - pick what you want.

FWIW - you should not use ARC to create your initial setup.

You need to set a profile in Sentinel, do all the updates that you probably have not done and write that to the radio.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
from the main screen - menu - select service types - pick what you want.

FWIW - you should not use ARC to create your initial setup.

You need to set a profile in Sentinel, do all the updates that you probably have not done and write that to the radio.

ok so i created a new fav list in sentinel, and it seems to be working, however I think if I had used the favorites list that I made in ARC-Patrol, I could have selected the service types on the HP1 by selecting menu, select service types, and then choosing the proper service types, then accept. and wa la!

thanks for everyones input!

Status
Not open for further replies.