HP recording options

Status
Not open for further replies.

markab

Hi,
I just recently purchased a HP (and Extreme). I love the recording option but I think it's missing a rather nice feature. As near as I can tell from reading both the HP v2 owners and extreme manual you can't toggle on or off what TGs you want recorded when scanning? I think it's quite resonable to think when scanning that you might want to only record certain TGs while just scanning others. I think there are two ways it could be implemented. The first would be if you have paused on a TG and you select record the HP would start recording that TG and only that TG if you resume scanning (if you activate record while th HP is scanning it records all transmissions). The other way would be a flag that you can set per TG/frequency in Sentinal. What do you guys think?

Mark

OCO

It's been on my wish list right along . I can think of a possible reason we won't get it - processor load...There's been mention in the past of all the things the processor is already concurrently doing or overseeing (controlling scanning frequency, decoding some modulation types, checking location, maintaining all the currently user set options) that the poor little brain might not have enough steam to switch recording off and on for talk groups on a real time basis. I'd really be happy if UPMan would tell us I'm wrong.. Funny you posted the question while I was ruminating over whether to start the next HP1 wish list, so I could get my "wants" in early..

I still am really happy with the current feature that adds the replay buffer to the front end of any recording that you start. I caught a fairly high level shooting a few months ago (including the actual gunshots) because I reached over and punched record as soon as I heard what was going on - the shooting occurred after that, but I was able to also get the initial dispatch becaue of the buffer feature.

Edit: I just realized what we need - an open source OS version of the HP1 - I don't write code, but I sure could draw up a big list of special mods...

Last edited:

markab

work around

It's been on my wish list right along . I can think of a possible reason we won't get it - processor load...There's been mention in the past of all the things the processor is already concurrently doing or overseeing (controlling scanning frequency, decoding some modulation types, checking location, maintaining all the currently user set options) that the poor little brain might not have enough steam to switch recording off and on for talk groups on a real time basis. I'd really be happy if UPMan would tell us I'm wrong.. Funny you posted the question while I was ruminating over whether to start the next HP1 wish list, so I could get my "wants" in early..

I still am really happy with the current feature that adds the replay buffer to the front end of any recording that you start. I caught a fairly high level shooting a few months ago (including the actual gunshots) because I reached over and punched record as soon as I heard what was going on - the shooting occurred after that, but I was able to also get the initial dispatch becaue of the buffer feature.

Edit: I just realized what we need - an open source OS version of the HP1 - I don't write code, but I sure could draw up a big list of special mods...

H Oco,
I just thought of a possible work around if it would create too high of a CPU workload. The HP could continue recording all transmissions as it already does but it could insert an "f" (flagged) at the beginning of all mp3 recordings. Then when you stop recording it could prompt you (at a time when the CPU load would be low) to "save all or flagged recordings".

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.