HP Wave player

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
A computer based colorful Wave player for the HP-1 but will work with the x36HP radios however, a couple of fields will not be populated correctly and will have the symbol "@" instead.

Hopefully, the author will update it so it will function with all of the HP series scanners.

The only downside I can see is you do have to click to play each individual wav file.

This program has been mentioned on RR before but I thought it would be good to try and get all the software into the new software subcategory.

The location of this program is:

HomePatrol Wav Player Page

troymail

Silent Key
So I posted a while back looking for information on the recordings. My thanks to those who posted responses but I don't recall ever seeing anything from Uniden / UPMan.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/283478-x36-recording-data-fields.html

I tried the program above and it does allow for loading and playing of recordings. However, it doesn't provide complete/accurate information that is stored in the header of the x36 recordings. Of the recordings I've reviewing, the TGID and Radio IDs are never shown.

The only other place I've been able to see some of the header fields was via the Windows data fields like "Title" and "Comments". Still that hasn't exposed (that I can tell) all of the textual/useful information from the header. Additionally, while looking at this information, it seems not only incomplete but also inaccurate. The best description I can give is that buffers data/field buffers are not cleared in many cases before the next recording is captured. Many times the talkgroup ID is carried from one recording into the next thus applying the wrong TGID to the recording.

Yesterday, I finally took the time to write a simple parser for the headers. The results were interesting in the nearly all of the fields are populated (which didn't seem possible). Then I noticed that the TGID and Radio IDs are clearly sometimes carried over from the previous recording. This is very obvious when the radio leaves one system and scans the next. In contrast, it appears that if/when I'm scanning a single system, the information looks more realistic (but could still be "carry over" from one transmission to the next).

I'm suspecting that the reason there has been no response from UPMan is because this is known to be a problem and maybe really isn't even supported. But it also makes me wonder - I had reported previously that the radio seems to work better when you monitor a single system (control channel) and misses alot of transmissions when scanning multiple systems (Note: I'm not talking about activity on one system when scanning a different system - this is about the radio failing to "lock on" and find active talkgroups when scanning through a system). Is there a possibility that the radio is "holding" characteristics of the "last" active system/control channel when it starts monitoring the "next" system causing the radio processing to be "confused"?

I'm really interested in getting this thing to work better -- and thus I am offering my observations. Some dialogue would be nice....

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Contains a Virus?

A computer based colorful Wave player for the HP-1 but will work with the x36HP radios however, a couple of fields will not be populated correctly and will have the symbol "@" instead.

Hopefully, the author will update it so it will function with all of the HP series scanners.

The only downside I can see is you do have to click to play each individual wav file.

This program has been mentioned on RR before but I thought it would be good to try and get all the software into the new software subcategory.

The location of this program is:

HomePatrol Wav Player Page

I submitted the above information in March of 2014 and have used the HP waveplayer a number of times but today 4/1/15 my Avira antivirus program suddenly popped up a warning "HP Waveplayer.exe contains Heur/APC (cloud) malware and quarantined it. I have not re-downloaded it that I know of so it should be the same as the file I downloaded in March 2014.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am hoping this is a false positive by my antivirus program.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Update on this - It IS a false Positive for Malware

I submitted the above information in March of 2014 and have used the HP waveplayer a number of times but today 4/1/15 my Avira antivirus program suddenly popped up a warning "HP Waveplayer.exe contains Heur/APC (cloud) malware and quarantined it. I have not re-downloaded it that I know of so it should be the same as the file I downloaded in March 2014.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am hoping this is a false positive by my antivirus program.

I sent "HP Waveplayer.exe to Avira for analysis and they e-mailed me today that it is a false positive and will be removed from their data base so it will no longer block people from accessing this file.

I did the same thing with the lasted DSDTune and it was also a false positive.

I now can access both these programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.