HP1 alert tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

That's easy!!

Off, and 1 through 9 (1-9), lololol!!!!

Oh, you want to hear them??? Well, the only way I've found is with the radio. Load them, one at a time, on a active freq/TG, Stay busy for an hour, or so.

I'd like to "test" them before "programming" them myself. Let's hope a real expert speaks up.

Thanks,

Rob

unlisted

I was hoping to be able to somehow download them onto my computer..

Had a really unique alert pop up this past week and the alarm/tone the scanner made was very.. interesting.

N2JDS

Backwards way is, go to directory the app sits. Mine is C:\Program Files\BuTel\ARCPATROL
You'll see alert1 through alert9. Just click on each and your player of choice should play them until your wife yells at you to shut it off.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Backwards way is, go to directory the app sits. Mine is C:\Program Files\BuTel\ARCPATROL
You'll see alert1 through alert9. Just click on each and your player of choice should play them until your wife yells at you to shut it off.

Note: the above only works if you are a user of ARCPatrol.
If you only use Sentinel then the above ain't gonna get you anywhere.
Marshall KE4ZNR

OCO

Note: the above only works if you are a user of ARCPatrol.
If you only use Sentinel then the above ain't gonna get you anywhere.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Marshall: Just tryin' to drum up a little business for BuTel (I haven't fired ArcPatrol up in quite a while, surprised I even remembered it the sample tones). AFAIK, the tones in the Sentinel software must be buried in code--It'd be fun if they were .wav files like the BuTel samples. I've got several alternates I could use (duck quacks for those DNR freqs??). C'mon HPMan, give us access like the background bitmaps..:D

N2JDS

I am thinking someday I'll check to see if a custom alert can be faked into the scanner. It is kind of funny, I was watching the storm coverage on TV one day, weather guy was talking and I could hear the radios in the back ground, additionally I had my own scanner feed that I stream playing, a few seconds after a fire unit got paged, with my favorite alert tone I attached to that channel, I hear the exact alert tone go off on TV with same radio traffic, TV was using my scanner feed for their info.

unlisted

Reviving this thread. I finally managed to get a video of the tone in question. (thanks multiple severe storms today!)

Disregard the beeping tone in the background, that is from another radio going off.

uniden tone - YouTube

If anyone can find a original sound file for that tone, I'd appreciate it.

NCCEOG

If my mind is working tonight, that alert tone is for the "SAME" (or whatever they are called now)/all hazard weather alerts only. I am sure someone will correct me, but I believe that alert is only used for the weather warnings on the HP 1 so that it will not be confused with any of the other alerts......

Status
Not open for further replies.