Hp1 and extreme upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambill1

When I buy the hp 1 do I have to buy the extreme upgrade at the same time, or can I purchase it later on?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You can purchase the Extreme upgrade separately from the actual radio. The purchase of the upgrade gives you a code that is valid only for one specific radio, which unlocks the Extreme features.

lep

You can purchase the HP-1 with or without the Extreme upgrade included. I bought my original HP-1 in Oct 2010 and bought the upgrade when it was released in Aug 2011. I just unpacked my second H P-1 today which I ordered from a dealer already "upgraded", that is it came from the dealer v 2.01 firmware and the advanced features already installed, no 'code' or anything required. Price is obviously negotiable with your favorite dealer but it certainly is convenient to take it out of thee box and no logging into the web site needed ,as it is already ready-to-go.

OCO

If the dealer did the $100.00 Extreme upgrade, are you able to register it on the Uniden site? IIRC, you had to register the HP1 to get to the purchase link.. If the Dealer is doing this, it would seem that you'd have to get the serial number transferred to you to register (there may be future updates that need it)..

Status
Not open for further replies.