HP1 and missing services

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

My HP1 seems to be missing some local channels because they won't appear as a channel under a system, regardless of the type of service selected. For example, I'd like to monitor a nearby sheriff's department (Sharp County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department, just 20 miles north of my location), but it doesn't appear as a channel under the Sharp County system, regardless of the type of service selected. I can pick up the frequency for Sharp County Sheriff's Department just fine on my Pro-96 but there is seemingly no way to pick it up on my HP1. Any suggestions?

OCO

My HP1 seems to be missing some local channels because they won't appear as a channel under a system, regardless of the type of service selected. For example, I'd like to monitor a nearby sheriff's department (Sharp County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department, just 20 miles north of my location), but it doesn't appear as a channel under the Sharp County system, regardless of the type of service selected. I can pick up the frequency for Sharp County Sheriff's Department just fine on my Pro-96 but there is seemingly no way to pick it up on my HP1. Any suggestions?

It is in the HP1 database (155.520 CTCSS 127.3) with a range of 22 miles. Are you sure you're within range without bumping it up some?

t_shuffle

It shows up on mine. Maybe your database (HPDB) is out of date?

I'd also recommended turning Location Control off if you already know who you want to listen to.

wbswetnam

It is in the HP1 database (155.520 CTCSS 127.3) with a range of 22 miles. Are you sure you're within range without bumping it up some?

I know that it appears in Sentinel's database, but I can't seem to get access to it in the HP unit itself. It should appear as "Law Talk" (like my other local counties do), and other Sharp county services such as Fire and EMS show up but not the Law Talk. I've tried going through the "Select Service Type" and I have selected every possible option to see if maybe it was misclassified somehow, but still, it won't appear as one of the service options for Sharp county. I've tried expanding the range as far as possible, and I've tried turning off range entirely - nothing works. Sheriff's dispatch (Law Talk) for Sharp county won't appear.

wbswetnam

It shows up on mine. Maybe your database (HPDB) is out of date?

I'd also recommended turning Location Control off if you already know who you want to listen to.

When I connect the HP unit to the computer and I run database update, it reports that I have the most updated database. I also tried entering the zip code for the county seat of Sharp county (72513) into the HP1 to make it think it was located in Sharp county. Again, I can get Fire and EMS for Sharp County as services to listen to, but Law Talk doesn't appear. And yes, I have Law Talk selected as one of the Service Types to listen to. I also have Law Tac, Interoperability and Multidispatch selected. Still, no sheriff's department.

wise871

Database Admin
Do other law talks work? When you write to the HP-1 do you check the force write main database. Try adding that department to your favorites and see if that helps. I looked at the database and I see them listed as Law Dispatch.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I put in your zip code. Then, held on the system and NEXT'd until I got to Sharp. Then, I held on the department and NEXT/PREV to "Sharp County". Sheriff (155.5200 MHZ) was the first channel to appear.

Reconfirm the database in your HP-1 is the latest (you have to Write to HP from Sentinel to actually put the database into the HP-1).

Status
Not open for further replies.