HP1 database updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchor1

Bedford County, PA is in the process of switching to a digital radio system...the main reason I recently purchased a Uniden HomePatrol 1. I was wondering how long it normally takes for Uniden to update its database, once a new system goes on line. I'm already missing law enforcement communications, and Fire and EMS will soon follow.

bezking

AFAIK they run the update weekly. Remember, they get the info from our database here, so if you don't see it on your county or system page in the RR Database, it won't be in the Homepatrol database.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Bedford County, PA is in the process of switching to a digital radio system...the main reason I recently purchased a Uniden HomePatrol 1. I was wondering how long it normally takes for Uniden to update its database, once a new system goes on line. I'm already missing law enforcement communications, and Fire and EMS will soon follow.

If you can find out any of the new frequencies &/or talk groups, post them to the administrator of the PA lists to get the database updated. ;)

Sometimes local Radio Shack employees know what is changing, if the know anything at all about the scanners!

Also check the RR forum for your area or PA in general for updated information

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
If you can find out any of the new frequencies &/or talk groups, post them to the administrator of the PA lists to get the database updated. ;)

Sometimes local Radio Shack employees know what is changing, if the know anything at all about the scanners!

Also check the RR forum for your area or PA in general for updated information

Ever since they updated the firmware version 2 with the new features you should be able to program the system in with out any database info. You can now make the system yourself with the Sentinel Software or ARC Patrol. all you need to do is set up a system with the control channels an set it to search for talkgroups then as the talk groups pop up you can keep notes on what you hear on them verify the channels use name it and you could be the one submitting that new info to the radio reference database. if you want or need more help with this please contact me privately.

Bob
RobertKlamp@aol.com
:)

anchor1

Therein lies the problem. I don't know the control channels to search. The Uniden database, meanwhile, continues to list only analog frequencies that have been in use since the 1970's, and ignores the system now in use.

anchor1

I guess I should have checked that out before I wasted money on a Uniden HP-1. Does anyone know what type of scanner can receive a digital system?

bezking

If you're talking about the Pennsylvania State OpenSky system, there is no scanner on the market that will work on that system.

OCO

I guess I should have checked that out before I wasted money on a Uniden HP-1. Does anyone know what type of scanner can receive a digital system?

Not to put too fine a point on Bezking's answer, but the HP1 does receive digital systems (it is a digital scanner).

anchor1

I'm aware that Pennsylvania's OpenSky system cannot be received on any scanner. I'm looking for a scanner that can receive the P-25 system now in use in Bedford County, Pa. I have been told there is no way the system can be included in Uniden's database. Is anyone familiar with the Grecom PSR-800 EZ Scan? It looks like a pretty good rig.

bezking

:lol:

The PSR-800 gets it's information from the RR database just like the HomePatrol. If it's not in the database it won't be in either scanner.

anchor1

Since the Uniden HomePatrol and PSR-800 are incapable of receiving the P-25 system in use in my area, it brings me back to my previous question: Does anyone know of a scanner that can receive digital systems?

bezking

Just like UPman said, the DB page for Bedford County shows no TRS systems besides the PA State system. So what system exactly are you talking about? :confused:

anchor1

I seem to be caught in a catch-22 situation here. Because Bedford County's digital system does not appear in its database, RadioReference claims the system does not exist. Because it believes the system does not exist, RadioReference sees no reason to add it to its database.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If someone can provide the specific details for the system (system type, system frequencies, LCN assignments (if EDACS or LTR), system location, etc) to RadioReference, then it will be added. It isn't that they claim it doesn't exist. It is that until someone submits the information, they have nothing to put into the database.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I seem to be caught in a catch-22 situation here. Because Bedford County's digital system does not appear in its database, RadioReference claims the system does not exist. Because it believes the system does not exist, RadioReference sees no reason to add it to its database.

RR works based on USER input. The statement " RadioReference sees no reason to add it to its database" is incorrect. They must be informed of it by a listener. If you know, or know someone that has the info. submit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.