HP1 extreme upgrade still $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
With some of the extreme features being incorporated into the new scanners, I wonder if we'll see a price reduction for the HP1 upgrade? Would be nice, but won't be holding my breath.

Last edited:

br0adband

No offense to Uniden (or GRE for that matter) but have you ever seen either company lower prices on older products - if they continue to even sell them - at all, ever?

Not me, nope.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
A reduction in price for the upgrade would certainly be nice. Not everyone will purchase the new scanners nor does everyone need the new features. From a business perspective I could see discussions around the table of "we don't want to keep people from purchasing the new model..." but I doubt that a reduction in price for the Extreme upgrade would keep people from buying the new models, considering the new features in the new models aren't in the upgrade (i.e. Phase II for P25, wifi, etc.). If they need/want the new model, they will buy it anyway. In my case, I haven't purchased the Extreme upgrade and don't plan to as it isn't worth $100 to me...but I might if it was $40 or $50. So...reducing the price might see a greater number of people purchase it vs. not (in other words, get $50 or get $0).

It would be a nice "thank you" from Uniden on the scanner that is being phased out but, as someone else said, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it. Time will tell.

Medic115

Oh wait ask me to buy a "extreme" update to a POS scanner that uniden refuses to admit is a pos.
Let me think............................. won't happen.
If the scanner at least worked on the reported bands, even non digital, I could look.
Not for very long, I would place the HP-1 lower then microlost me.
If I can find another scanner company I will.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Oh wait ask me to buy a "extreme" update to a POS scanner that uniden refuses to admit is a pos.
If the scanner at least worked on the reported bands, even non digital, I could look.

I have an HP-1 with zero problems. Receives just fine, analog and digital, conventional or trunking.

dkf435

Please send me your POS Home Patrol and I will add it to my collection have 2 HP and 2 HP Extreme and find the touch screen and GPS valuable for mobile use and for home use the instant replay is good to catch dispatches while out of the room. The Extreme upgrade is also valuable for trunk system analysis. The receiver while not quite as clear as some of my more expensive ones works quite well for a wide area scanner.

David Kb7uns

Current Arsenal

N0JVY

Premium Subscriber
I also would like to see a consideration for a price reduction for the HP1 Extreme Upgrade, as I own 4 of them and that would make me very happy to have the Upgrade in all of them. I think Uniden would be supprised how many people would jump at a lower price, rather than buying nothng.

t_shuffle

Thanks for the replies.I too was sort of hoping that now that this radio is a few years old, we might see a price reduction for the upgrade.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies.I too was sort of hoping that now that this radio is a few years old, we might see a price reduction for the upgrade.

We will just have to see what Uniden decides. :)
I am sure Uniden's prime concern is getting the 436/536 to market
then they might consider previous models.
Oh and Medic115 has shown themselves to be nothing but a troll
in his limited time here so please keep that in mind when replying.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
We will just have to see what Uniden decides. :)
I am sure Uniden's prime concern is getting the 436/536 to market
then they might consider previous models.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Well see, that is just the problem.

Some of us feel they should have IMPROVED on the HP-1 concept with a HP-2 or even possibly just CONTINUED to send out updates for the units BEFORE moving on to the next models and doing NOTHING for the HP's.

I for one like my HP. It does OK for what I am able to hear. I like many others bought the unit and the extreme upgrade when they came out. Did I need the "extreme"? No. But it is nice to have a couple features when out and about. Has it paid for that extra $100 I spent in time? Well to me NO.

I would hold out and wait for them to lower the price if I was you. But, if you find a feature you must have now...well your buying it.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Some of us feel they should have IMPROVED on the HP-1 concept with a HP-2 or even possibly just CONTINUED to send out updates for the units BEFORE moving on to the next models and doing NOTHING for the HP's.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have come full circle.

HP1 released with revolutionary new features.
"They should have put those features in the XTs!!!!1!1!one!"
x36HP released with the best of both the XT line and the HP1.
"They should have put those features into the HP1!!!11!!!!1!eleven!~!"

Dude. The x36HP is the "IMPROVED HP-1 concept HP-2".

dkf435

I also would like to see a consideration for a price reduction for the HP1 Extreme Upgrade, as I own 4 of them and that would make me very happy to have the Upgrade in all of them. I think Uniden would be supprised how many people would jump at a lower price, rather than buying nothng.

Though I was the only one with 4 , have 2 Extreme and 2 Regular HP-1s

David Kb7uns

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
DUUUUUUUUUUDE it is not. :)

The HP-1 Is touch screen and the new ones are push button! They do not even compare in looks as to be the same. It is just another hand held and just because they added phase 2 and half assed WIFI does not justify me needing to spend another $500 plus bucks on a scanner that MIGHT decode P25 or TDMA 1/2 correctly.

Where are the updates to the HP-1? I/we have been waiting a little over a year for someone to explain WHY we cannot get an update for color / scheme or something as simple as a PRIORITY channel setting amongst other things.

Maybe they should TRY "Mastering" their current models before running off with newer models with options that MIGHT just be the same as another type of scanner in the market. They really have NOT made anything that is "Cutting edge" in the scanner field like the HP-1 was. All they did was play catch up and added one new thing that was coming out anyways!

To me Uniden is just trying to make a fast buck before their competition shows up with the "updated" unit we have been waiting for.

Phase 2 and partial WiFI does not impress me. Bluetooth on the other hand does, built in discriminator taps Does, Stereo headphone/ speaker jacks does, touch screen does, battery life does, I can go on for hours!

Back to the topic. I am sorry for side tracking this joint! roflmao :)

Status
Not open for further replies.