HP1 Favorites Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiserfan

I have a question about a favorites list on this PIECE of CRAP HP1 i created a favorites list wirh one channel Bay County Sheriff dispatch go to monitor it and get the f**king (Manny channels are selected these will take a long time to scan message what causes this

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a question about a favorites list on this PIECE of CRAP HP1 i created a favorites list wirh one channel Bay County Sheriff dispatch go to monitor it and get the f**king (Manny channels are selected these will take a long time to scan message what causes this

Nothing wrong with your scanner.

You're probably still scanning the master database along with your favorites list.

kaiserfan

No I'am not scanning full data base load that specfic favorites list says one channel but get that message one of many ways this Uniden junk works

phask

Premium Subscriber
I'll be the first to call BS.

I have several 1 channel fl - never see it.

I also regularly run a 774 list - don't see it.

Do see it on 800-1000 plus or so.

Attach a zipped hpe to prove it.

JamesO

2 words - Pilot Error!

HP1 is actually a pretty slick device, too bad it as not also able to rotate the display 90 degrees so it could be used as a hand held!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I have read your previous posts in the Uniden threads. Most all are derogatory towards Uniden, Radio Shack, and just the whole scanning experience in General.

My new Uniden 436 put me thru hell for the first few days. I jumped the gun a few times and lost my temper, but not at Uniden. I lost it because I could not figure it all out. I knew there was an answer...and past experience should have told me to shut up and play with it; it will all come to me.

And it did.

If you are thoroughly unhappy with your Uniden, perhaps it can be sent back for a refund or exchange. Or you can ask questions here in a civil manner, without the swearing and put downs of the scanner and the people here.

There is always Uniden tech support.

So, I hope you can figure this all out or get help. If you take time to read the manual, read some help here, and get your hands dirty by experimenting with it, then it will all come to you eventually.

Scanning is a fun hobby...but it is not always easy and certainly not cheap.

Greg

dmg1969

The only time I get this message is if I scan the entire database with full range (30 miles) with multiple services enabled. There has to be something you're missing. Rather then being negative, try doing what I did. I just got my HP-1 two weeks ago. When I was setting it up, there were things that I came across that I did not understand since this is my first digital trunking scanner. When that happened, I sat down and thought about it and came up with the reason and the solution. Try turning off all services except Law Dispatch. Did that help? Try knocking your range down. Did that help? Just go through some troubleshooting and you'll figure out what the problem is and the solution. It is frustrating sometimes, but being vulgar and negative toward Uniden in general is not productive toward finding a solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kaiserfan

favorites on HP1

You have had yours for 2 weeks got bad news for you your in for a lott of frustration and once again I'am not scanning whole data base when list loads it says one channel but get message how about UPMAN or someone answer why this things dose this ****

JamesO

How about you explain in more detail, use proper sentence structure so people can understand what what you are doing.

Also as mentioned, post a copy of what you are programming into the unit.

There are SO many variables and either unknowns or user errors that can come into play it is hard to grasp what is going on many times.

I have not spent as much time with the HP1 as with my 396xt/996xt but I can tell you these can be complicated and you can do some foolish things if you do not fully understand what is going on. Like on the 396xt/996xt anything that does not have a Quick Key assigned will scan be default. So you forget to add a Quick Key things are very different and it may take a lot longer to scan.

Also who knows if you have a corrupt/bad/flaky SD card. This would probably be the first thing I would swap out and see what happens.

JamesO

I have not even looked at my HP1 very close, but assume the card is accessible inside the battery compartment and either it will pull straight out or you push it in slightly to release it?

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2.pdf

Not sure there are specific details on how to remove/replace the SD card, but is cannot be too difficult. See page 32 of the PDF manual.

HomePatrol

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/201139-home-patrol-micro-sd-card.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/245831-home-patrol-1-swapping-sd-card.html

Last edited:

tkenny53

You need to turn off master database on the scanner and not by software, In fact you need to turn off all database's on the scanner, close call and scan by search. Even thou you loaded one system, all the other stuff comes on by default. It took me a week to figure this all out.

phask

Premium Subscriber
You need to turn off master database on the scanner and not by software, In fact you need to turn off all database's on the scanner, close call and scan by search. Even thou you loaded one system, all the other stuff comes on by default. It took me a week to figure this all out.

There is no close call - the "other" stuff as you call it is determined by your profile. You can turn on/off fl and main db either via software or in the HP.

Scan by search - no idea what you are talking about as not a feature of the HP.

I think you need to refrain from commenting about something you do not know as this post would confuse even an experienced user.

Kaiser - under menu - manage favorite - select db - select use multiple list and select the one and only one you want, make sure the 1st entry for full Db is not orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.