HP-1: Hp1 going to factory reset??,

bsshog40

So I have my Home Patrol 1 that has been working fine until yesterday. I've had this unit since new in 2018. It is also registered with uniden, checked there and all it offers is extreme update which I'm not sure I need for this problem. I powered it on, works fine for about 5 mins and then a quick flash on the screen and prompts me to enter all my info again just as it was a new unit out of box. Have to input location, time, etc... Loads database and then starts scanning again for about 5 mins and then goes to setup screens again. My software version shows 2.06. I have powered down, removed batteries, powered up without sd card, shows good, and still does the same thing. Any suggestions? Would really appreciate some help!
Thanks, Bobby

bsshog40

That may be a problem. Is there a specific cable to hook to pc? One never came with my unit. Can I reformat my old sd card and re-initialize it?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I don’t have first hand knowledge of the cable, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

You COULD reformat and then use Sentinel to prepare (clear user data) and then write to your existing card, but if it still doesn’t work I would buy a new class 10 SD card to rule out the possibility.

Just to verify, do you have your programming and settings in Sentinel such that you won’t lose anything by formatting your existing card?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That may be a problem. Is there a specific cable to hook to pc? One never came with my unit. Can I reformat my old sd card and re-initialize it?
The cable that came with the HP-1 was a standard USB to USB Mini. You can try re-formatting your old card with this utility (recommended by Uniden):

and then using the "clear user data" function in Sentinel. When using clear user data, check the box that says "display all drives" to get the card to be recognized. You can use a card reader if you don't have a cable.

bsshog40

So first off, I will check later to see if I even have sentinal on my pc. We had a move so the pc hasn't been used much in the last 2 yrs and we don't have wifi here at our new house. I can connect to my pc with my phone hotspot so I will see if I can install sentinal with it. I also did a "clear user data" on the HP1 itself, but that didn't help either.
Thanks for the help and I will update if I need more help and/or if I get the problem solved.

bsshog40

So I had sentinal already on my pc. I tried doing a "homebase reconstruct " , that didn't do any good. So I decided to format the card. I put it in a card reader and plugged it in. Windows popped up saying an issue with the card. It did a scan and fix, showed it was fixed. Put it back in my HP1 and luckily soo far it has been working fine. I'll keep my fingers crossed it stays that way. Lol

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
So I had sentinal already on my pc. I tried doing a "homebase reconstruct " , that didn't do any good. So I decided to format the card. I put it in a card reader and plugged it in. Windows popped up saying an issue with the card. It did a scan and fix, showed it was fixed. Put it back in my HP1 and luckily soo far it has been working fine. I'll keep my fingers crossed it stays that way. Lol

Did you check to see if there was an update for the firmware and load that into the scanner?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
My version is already 2.06. I think that's the last version.
That's the latest firmware for the scanner, just be sure you have the latest version of the Sentinel software also.... v2.03.02

a417

I would replace the card, it's 5 years old. It works now, it will fail again...only a matter of time.

Windows can only fix data it can successfully relocate, it can't actually fix the bad blocks. Where there is one, there will be many more.