HP1 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I received my Hp1 yesterday, (first Uniden since the SC150). I updated sentinel, firmware and hpdb. I have tried my zip code, tried different ranges, set up a fav list with active channels, locked on active channel. I am not able to receive any P25 channels, signal meter shows full bars. I am able to hear weather and air but nothing Digital? I had my 106/197 up and running in no time, and are receiving everything. What am I missing?

I really like the sentinel software, but have not figured out how to show the freq's, is that possible? Or is that intentional to protect the database. Would be nice to confirm the control channels, and check programming against my 106/197.

The battery meter seems to be worthless, showed full charge right up to the low batt. warning.

TIA

rdale

Premium Subscriber
When you hold on MPSCS and select the advanced info, what site does it show it is receiving? What ones are clear versus red?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What zip code? What specific system(s)?

You can see the frequencies by looking at the sites in Sentinel.

E-Man

Banned
When you hold on MPSCS and select the advanced info, what site does it show it is receiving? What ones are clear versus red?

I created a favorite list of channels from the most active from my 106/197.

All channels are on the MPSCS, when I click advanced/site information there are many sites in red and the 16 I chose are clear.

E-Man

Banned
What zip code? What specific system(s)?

You can see the frequencies by looking at the sites in Sentinel.

MPSCS, I will PM my zip code.

I can see the TGID's but have not figured out how to view the freq's?

E-Man

Banned
I have the HP-1 and 197 locked on the same TGID, both have full bars on the signal meter. The HP-1 is quiet, not hearing anything, the 197 picks up all traffic.

Any suggestions?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Do you have a different antenna you can try on the HP1? The antenna on one of mine went completely deaf not long after I got it.

E-Man

Banned
Do you have a different antenna you can try on the HP1? The antenna on one of mine went completely deaf not long after I got it.

I do, but no adapter. Would the signal meter show full bars if the antenna was bad?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Sorry, I hadn't noticed you were getting full bars. No, that shouldn't have an effect. I'll shut up now. :)

E-Man

Banned
Thanks everyone for trying to help, I think I may have a dud.

I purchased the unit from Amazon (Warehouse Deals) it was listed as like new. It looked new, but it does not seem to be functioning properly. (Most likely the reason the original buyer returned it). :p

Trying to save a couple bucks, does not always work in your favor. I am glad I purchased it from Amazon, as they have the best customer service.

I really like the features of the HP-1, and will be ordering a brand new one. I should have it in a couple days and will report back.

Thanks again.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I created a favorite list of channels from the most active from my 106/197.

All channels are on the MPSCS, when I click advanced/site information there are many sites in red and the 16 I chose are clear.

Which one says "active" at the top?

E-Man

Banned
There is nothing listed next to Active Site:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like your unit has a P25 decode problem.

It decodes analog fine?

questions... the scanner doesnt work when in zip code entry mode (NOT favorites list).
I like using the general zip code entry then hold on a system in case a favorites list was not entered properly

That being said i have had 1 uniden with a non working P25 decode... talkgroup would pop up but youd hear nothing. That was brand new right from uniden so it happens, its not because of amazon. It has warranty right? I returned mine and was fixed by uniden no problems other then shipping cost (as im in canada)/

E-Man

Banned
With the zip code programming, all I heard was air channels.

I take it there is no way to add a site, so one shows up next to Active Site?,

No its not Amazon fault, and no reason to deal with warranty. Amazon is the best!( If Amazon is available in Canada, I highly recommend you check them out). Regardless of defective unit or operator error (I hope thats not the case) I will have a brand new unit on Friday.

E-Man

Banned
Curious, what did I do wrong? What would be the steps taken to show a site next to Active Site: ?

Also, do you recommend to delete Sentinel when I receive my new unit, and start fresh? or can I use my updated Sentinel with new HP-1?

Thanks

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Two conditions:

1) The location you set in the HP-1 is within range of one or more sites.
2) The control channel for one or more of the in-range sites must be receivable.

You can ensure 1) primarily by being sure you entered your correct location and are using the latest version of the database.

You can check on 2) by manually entering the frequency for a known good control channel and listening for the data noise.

E-Man

Banned
Update

Update:

I received my new HP-1 today, updated the firmware, HPDB, punched in my zip code and its working Fantastic! (in about of 5 min.)

Now to spend some time and dig into it, and install the Extreme Upgrade

Thanks UPMan, and everyone that responded.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Sure sorry the first one you got had problems, but glad it got taken care of so quickly. Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.