HP1 ID search

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

With the ID search option, does the unit save found TG's automatically?

Or will it even show a "review" of some sort?

Does the extreme version do any of this?

dougjgray

It doesnt save automatically, but if you touch the arrow to the right of the talk group line you get a menu with an advanced option, in that menu you can select Save TG Id. I have the extreme upgrade, so not sure if that option is available with out it, but should be

AuntEnvy

It doesnt save automatically, but if you touch the arrow to the right of the talk group line you get a menu with an advanced option, in that menu you can select Save TG Id. I have the extreme upgrade, so not sure if that option is available with out it, but should be

Thanks for the reply.

I was pretty sure I wasn't missing anything but after trying to search the info it started to sound that way for some reason.

That definitely stinks. So basically the ID search doesn't do a whole lot of good unless you're sitting by the thing all day waiting. ;)

kd4gid

Thanks for the reply.

I was pretty sure I wasn't missing anything but after trying to search the info it started to sound that way for some reason.

That definitely stinks. So basically the ID search doesn't do a whole lot of good unless you're sitting by the thing all day waiting. ;)
A work around you could try is to avoid all the known TGID's in the particular system and then record with the ID search enabled. You will have a recording of each new TGID along with their audio... not much to listen to but you could run it like that when you are away from the shack with the mute on.

Hope that helps, enjoy your radio!

lep

I use the Butel program ARC Patrol with my HP-1s and have no problem in saving new TG ID.

AuntEnvy

A work around you could try is to avoid all the known TGID's in the particular system and then record with the ID search enabled. You will have a recording of each new TGID along with their audio... not much to listen to but you could run it like that when you are away from the shack with the mute on.

Hope that helps, enjoy your radio!

Thanks for the reply and idea.

I started doing that with my 800 so I would at least be able to see what's coming up but for some reason didn't think of it with the HP.

AuntEnvy

I use the Butel program ARC Patrol with my HP-1s and have no problem in saving new TG ID.

So that software will auto store like the PSR edit500? That's definitely the way to go. Unfortunately I don't have that program, but fortunately I do have the other units/software that will do it though. ;)

Thanks for the reply lep.

AuntEnvy

Apparently it is an extreme feature only. I saw where the option would be after tapping the arrow and it does not allow me to select anything.

Although I am a little disappointed, I would probably be rather upset if the HP was my only new toy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.