HP1 RAM Windshield Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

Going to be making some longer road trips in August, so thought I should get a mount for my HP1 as I plan on taking this and using the GPS with it. I have about 30 hours of driving over 8 different states.

So I decided to get a RAM windshield mount for my truck and HP1 bracket.

I can say this RAM mount is a BEAST. Well built, easy to get on and off and will lock down solidly.

This is because I have not had time to remove mount my 996XT and remote head in the truck yet, so this is a quick and easy way to mount my HP1 so it is easy to see, lock out or hold on a Talkgroup and to remove and put away when I park. Much easier and better than laying the thing down low on the console.

See pictures attached.

Attachments

• HP1 RAM Mount.jpg
    HP1 RAM Mount.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 588
  • HP1 In RAM Mount.jpg
    HP1 In RAM Mount.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 483

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
+1 on this. Rugged, well made. Doesn't fall off when just crossing a rough railroad crossing. :eek:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I used this for years in various vehicles before switching to my pickup truck and building a Proclip mount for it. I still use it from time to time when I get a rental when traveling.

I have had it fall off the windshield once or twice in rare, specific situations: If the windshield is in direct sunlight and the car's interior heats up substantially, it's possible that it will eventually lose grip. I don't know if that was unique to my setup or if it would happen with other folks (maybe my mount's suction cup was damaged).

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have the same suction cup and have used it for various devices, although rarely a HP1. I used it for a long time mounted to the rear window of an SUV holding a Garmin GPS 60. It was powered by the rear cig. plug and a long lead to the front to support the HP1 GPS feature. I have had them fall a few times, usually on a severe curved window.

Status
Not open for further replies.