HP1 Scan Optimization with P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
What is the best strategy for optimizing scan time for a P25 system in an HP1 favorites list?
1. Assuming that the HP1 actually scans the control channels, not the talkgroups, should I delete sites not in desired range (i'm not using location control in favorites) or avoid sites not in desired range.
2. Does it matter to scan time if I load the entire system data base? I am assuming that the HP scans the control frequencies until it sees activity from a site so the database talkgroup info is not actually scanned but only annotates talkgroups received. I know if I delete talkgroups from the system data I still hear these talk groups I deleted but they display as "unknown".
3. Maybe the best thing to do would be to load the entire system, delete or avoid undesired sites and avoid any undesired talkgroups. This way I would not hear these "unknown" hits that are a result of my deletions. (or would I?)
Thanks...
Harry

SignalSeeker

Feed Provider
Check to see if that favorite is set to search mode instead of scan mode. In scan mode it should only look to programmed IDs and others not in the list.

Justin

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
It was in search mode for the trunked systems...I turned it off.
Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.