HP1 Sentinel "add channels on range" function

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

Sold a close friend on getting a HP1.. Helped him set it up today today.. Thought I'd use the Edit -->"add channels on range" function to set up some quick Favorites, but could not get any selections (created empty Favorite files).
............................................................................................................................................
HP1 latest firmware (not Extreme) / Sentinel Version 2.01 rev0 / Latest HDB
Profile set up correctly with location (Zip code), Range and various Services selected.
DB same as on scanner; validated using full DB on scanner with Zip code, it selected local systems, more with higher range, etc. I could create Favorites in the normal browse and select in Sentinel.
.............................................................................................................................................
No matter what I tried, I could not get the Sentinel "add channels on range" function to select any systems at all. I finally created a couple on the HP1 using the "Manage Favorite Lists -->Create New List-->Add Current Channels" and edited that with Sentinel, but still could not get the Sentinel function to work. I cannot figure what the dependency is that I missed on his laptop, I came home, set up a new profile here for his location and it works fine, selecting systems for his area.(Zip 48837)

Anyone using this function - any problems- any ideas?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Under profile, make sure you have service types selected that are appropriate. That is all I can think off. Might be something else on profile that is not the same.....

OCO

Under profile, make sure you have service types selected that are appropriate. That is all I can think off. Might be something else on profile that is not the same.....

I had multiple valid (LE,Fire, EMS) services selected..Also verified that Zip code was valid and range was sufficient. I also suspect the profile, but I'll be darned if I can spot it - I'm going to check to see if he's home today. Thanks for the idea....

crcarter

Sold a close friend on getting a HP1.. Helped him set it up today today.. Thought I'd use the Edit -->"add channels on range" function to set up some quick Favorites, but could not get any selections (created empty Favorite files).
............................................................................................................................................
HP1 latest firmware (not Extreme) / Sentinel Version 2.01 rev0 / Latest HDB
Profile set up correctly with location (Zip code), Range and various Services selected.
DB same as on scanner; validated using full DB on scanner with Zip code, it selected local systems, more with higher range, etc. I could create Favorites in the normal browse and select in Sentinel.
.............................................................................................................................................
No matter what I tried, I could not get the Sentinel "add channels on range" function to select any systems at all. I finally created a couple on the HP1 using the "Manage Favorite Lists -->Create New List-->Add Current Channels" and edited that with Sentinel, but still could not get the Sentinel function to work. I cannot figure what the dependency is that I missed on his laptop, I came home, set up a new profile here for his location and it works fine, selecting systems for his area.(Zip 48837)

Anyone using this function - any problems- any ideas?

I just tried the ACOR as a test and used Richmond, KY by Zip Code and used a range of 2 and then 5 miles. It picked up some of the statewide freqs, but none of the local TRS was there. They are in the DB, which I updated on 12/12.

I next tried Ashland, KY by Zip Code. It picked up everything.

OCO

I just tried the ACOR as a test and used Richmond, KY by Zip Code and used a range of 2 and then 5 miles. It picked up some of the statewide freqs, but none of the local TRS was there. They are in the DB, which I updated on 12/12.

I next tried Ashland, KY by Zip Code. It picked up everything.

As noted, when I set up a profile on my laptop for his location, I can pull systems and conventionals with no problems. His laptop is XP, mine is Win7.... I'm not sure what the system requirements are beyond the OS itself..(.net , activex, ) but if its not a profile issue, I'll suspect something about the laptop config itself.

Thanks, Charlie

OCO

Further testing:
On my laptop {which seems to be working properly}, I set up a new blank profile with no info in it and successfully created Favorites using "ACOR" with different ZIP codes, each one picking systems that were appropriate for location/range- that kind of blows away my theory that it was settings in the profile..I couldn't get back out to my friends house today, but will try tomorrow. I wonder how many people are using the function and if anyone else has had issues ? Note that when I first tried using it on my laptop, I had the same problem and I associated it with the profile, but it seemed to go away, but I don't know what I changed (head scratch)...

Status
Not open for further replies.